questions about averitt

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by peter18, Dec 17, 2007.

1. MUSTANGGT

MUSTANGGT Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    I have been on dedicated almost a year now, so I don't know how miles have been lately.
    I generally averaged about 2400 when I was in Truckload with swings between 1800 to 3200.
    I have never thought anybody was playing games with mileage. They have nothing to gain by that.
    The more you run, the more the company is making too. And the load planners are going to assign loads to the closest trucks to the freight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TRUCKERSWIFE06

TRUCKERSWIFE06 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Amarillo, TX
    Hey MustangGt, Long time huh? Just wanted to update you....as you know hubby pulls the Dollar General loads. Its good money. He averages about 2000 miles a week but b/c he is paid per truck load and stops, he is averages about 1100 gross weekly. He says he works hard...but they keep him busy and he likes that!! This is his third company since he started trucking, by far the best and by far the only one we could actually count on our paychecks being about the same! Just wanted to update you and put some info out there!! He is home weekly and makes good money...So I am happy!

MUSTANGGT Thanks this.
  4. lydialonghaul

lydialonghaul Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Glen Allen, VA
    Does Averitt allow pets?

5. OSCBRADLEY

OSCBRADLEY Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Truckerswife06,
    Been a while since I have been on the boards. I will be retiring from the military and have been interested in driving for Averitt in the Houston area. How long has your husband been with them and about how long did it take to get dedicated (i'm assuming he's on a dedicated route?)

6. TRUCKERSWIFE06

TRUCKERSWIFE06 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Amarillo, TX
    OSCBradley, My husband has been with them over 6 months, he is also prior service. He does not have a dedicated route. Though, w/ the Dollar General loads he gets home weekly. Its by far the best job since the Military. He makes good money and benefits are good. Do you already have your CDL?
    Good luck to you..and thanks for your service to our Country!!
    Hubby makes it down to Houston usually weekly. There has never been a time when he's requested to get home that they havent gotten him here!!

7. OSCBRADLEY

OSCBRADLEY Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    Truckerswife06, Thanks for the info, I have talked with a few Averitt drivers and none of them ever have anything negative to say. Weekly hometime sounds good. No, I dont have my CDL yet, thinking of going to Houston Community College for it though. Wow, so he makes it to Houston weekly huh? perhaps I could meet him sometime at chat about Averitt for a few minutes, that would be interesting. Thanks again.

8. MUSTANGGT

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    No, afraid not.

9. lve2drv

lve2drv Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    can anyone tell me anything about a local dedicated run out of smyrna, ga for automotive parts? ad says you stay within a 200 mi radius of atlanta and off fri, sat night. its with averitt

10. MUSTANGGT

Feb 21, 2009
    Georgia
    I have not heard of that, but that is about the distance to the Mercedes plant in Vance, Alabama. That would be a good possibilty.
    We also do Honda in Alpharatta, but don't know if it would involve them.

11. jrf7

jrf7 Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    May be going with Averitt, waiting on offer. Can anyone tell me what to expect during orientation. Especially driver's test, always get nervous on those. Any updates on miles average would be appreciated too. Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.