questions about averitt

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by peter18, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Cobra281

Cobra281 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Dallas,Tx
    driver test is pretty easy. auto truck you will drive through the small town of cookeville which has some small streets. he will ask about some safety things you need to keep at all times triangles fire extinguisher etc. youll go on a 30-45 min ride some hwy some city. when you come back to the terminal he/she will ask you to back into a spot at the dock. after that your pretty much done. the orientation is a few days long they will furnish breakfast at the hotel and lunch around noon. sometimes the owner will stop by and meet everybody depending on his schedule. pretty good company the LTL stuff can be a major PITA sometimes but other than that its not too bad. good luck

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. okiejon

okiejon Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Ringling,Ok
    Does Averitt have a day one spouse rider policy?

4. bigmikectn

bigmikectn Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Cleveland, TN
    Spouse can ride along after a certain amount of time solo. I think it's 30 days but not sure.

I have been very busy the last few weeks. Averaging 2500 miles per week. I have been seeing Texas a lot but that is okay with me. Longer trips are a-okay. I have heard that this week (July 4th holiday) will have freight at a slower pace but lots of drivers take this as a vacation week so I hope to keep busy. I deliver here in Dallas tomorrow morning and hope to keep moving after that.

5. jcman

jcman Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2012
    yep that is averitt. do what i did. leave that joke of a job and get a real job

6. jcman

jcman Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2012
    yep that is averitt. \

7. engine32ladder

engine32ladder Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Houston,TX
    I am now convinced I have figured this out. You got canned because you couldn't figure out how to get your paperwork turned in right, never got paid correctly because of it, cried constantly about how it was everybody else's fault but yours, and your FM finally had enough of listening to your crybaby BS so he stopped giving you anything but the crappy freight he didn't wanna screw his other drivers who did their jobs correctly, and so you finally quit. What do you say there super trucker, am I in the ballpark?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    cuzzin it Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.