Questions about Con-Way

Discussion in 'Con-Way' started by Marky84, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Marky84

Marky84 Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Jefferson, WI
    does conway train and do they have a pet policy or require money up front?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flatbed cowboy

flatbed cowboy Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2012
    i dont know much about them. i looked into them while i was in school bc they occasionally hire students to run local. i looked on their site and the way they do it is train you while you work the docks. you have to work so much on the docks and then after work practice in the trucks or what not. i wasnt too interested in it. i didnt want to work the docks for six months before i could go on the road. Hope this helps. as for the pet policy its a hit or miss

Marky84 Thanks this.
  4. Shortthouse

Shortthouse Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2011
    Peoria, AZ
    Marky84,

If you are looking at Con-way Truckload they do train sort of. If you have your CDL they will have you go through a 1 week course and then put you on a truck with a finisher for 10,000 miles. If you don't have your CDL they have a program you can apply for that provides tuition assistance if you go through Crowder College. After 5 weeks of school you go to Con-way and then do 10,000 miles on the road with a finisher.

If you are interested in Truckload contact Keturah at 800-641-4748 ext 5609

J.T.

5. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    we do have a pet policy here. They take .01 Cent a mile so if ur getting .37 u will be getting .36 BUT u do get that .01 back after u turn ur truck in and no damage from the pet

seawind, scottybones and Marky84 Thank this.
  6. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    conway freight is the local division and conway truckload is the otr division.

7. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    you're talking about the conway freight division

8. Roadrealtor

Roadrealtor Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    I heard from a friend with a pet that there is a non refundable deposit for pet and they take .01 per mile, but give it back if you meet mileage standards. The idea being you use more fuel idling with a pet but if you meet the standards, you should get it back.

I suggest marky talks to a recruiter and get the straight scoop since we all hear different things. Good Luck!!!

TruckerPete1990, Marky84 and paul_4lp Thank this.
  9. Driver Eight

Driver Eight Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2012
    I am looking to apply with them soon. I have 7 months with Swift and Werner, but haven't worked for the last year after getting hurt (now healed) in a non job related accident. Hopefully that won't be a problem. How is the miles and equipment, anybody? APUs? Can I start at at least .30/mi?

10. Marky84

Marky84 Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Jefferson, WI
    only thing that turns me off about em so far is that u have to be a dock worker for em. been there done that for walmart, not doin it again:biggrin_25513:

11. scottybones

scottybones Bobtail Member

May 7, 2013
    san diego, ca
    TruckerPete-I am very interested in Conway TL, just got off chat with Keturah, and she confirmed what Shorthouse said above. I reside in San Diego County, since I am new on the forum I can not send any PMs until my forum post count gets up. Would you mind sending me a PM so I can ask some questions directly. Thanks. -Scott

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.