Questions about Finding a job post dui

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Aireal, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Aireal

Aireal Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Garden City, TX
    A friend of my husband and I's got a DUI almost 3 yrs ago ( june), in his personal car. Should he try and get a driveing job when the 3 yrs are up? wait 5 yrs? just totally forget about driveing again? Which would be the best companies to look into?

He has over 25 yrs experience including being an o/o for awhile. My husband knows a couple local logging companies that would hire him, but they don't run "safe" equipment and he'd rather not do that if he can help it, but will to work. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pokerhound67

pokerhound67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 30, 2012
    just keep applying i guess. no one SHOULD hire him EVER, but he will undoubtedly be able to find work somewhere. will have to settle for pretty much whoever will hire him. 25 years experience, but he doesnt know this, and doesnt know better than to get trashed and drive his car? ugh.

4. Driver of the year

Driver of the year Medium Load Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tampa FL
    Go to Craigslist. Even Christopher Dorner the LA. Cop Killer would find a job at Craigslist!

EZ Money and ShootThis Thank this.
  5. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    I got a DUI in 04, not driving but sleeping in my car. blew .093, which would have been considered sober a few years back. Thought I did the right thing by not driving but the judge explained that you are considered "in actual physical control of the vehicle" any time you are in it with the keys available.

I don't know what your friend was doing when he got his DUI, but it's a shame people automatically assume a DUI conviction means you were wrecklessly weaving down the highway drunk off your #$$. It's not the case anymore, but the stigma prevails.

6. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    5 years. That's it. He shouldn't drive a truck again in my honest opinion, but 5 years is the going rate for the substandard carriers.

superpet39 and ShootThis Thank this.
  7. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Some carriers want none period or at least be 10 years ago.

8. kilo6

kilo6 Bobtail Member

Apr 18, 2008
    savannah ga
    buddy is that 53 ft van to bring along your ego. let him cast the first stone he who is without sin. O i guess that is for the other guys.

FREEBRD, walstib and DocHoliday Thank this.
  9. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Drinking and driving and trucking don't mix. Ever. As a professional driver, you see what DUI does. All the time. I don't get into the biblical jargon. What I do know is that drivers should know better than to ever drink and drive. That's super bad judgement, especially when you know that your license, the plastic card in your wallet that earns you a living can be revoked. When it comes to drinking and driving, yes, I am "without sin".

10. ShootThis

ShootThis Medium Load Member

Most peoples sins do not have the ability to end others lives.

11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    That's all there needs said. Right there.

Tonythetruckerdude Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.