Questions about Finding a job post dui

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Aireal, Feb 11, 2013.

1. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    It's not stretching the law since it is explicitly stated as part of the law in some states. Mostly, it's if the key is in the ignition though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    If you are in possession of the keys, in the driver's seat while drunk, you are considered DUI. That's the law. It's kinda like being in a c-store with a gun. You haven't robbed it yet, but it shows intent. These are the rules, I don't make them, I simply abide by them. Best thing to do if you know you're going to be drinking: hand someone else the keys. No bubbles, no troubles.

4. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Yes it is stretching the definition of driving while intoxicated and it should not be part of any dui laws. Dui should be narrowly defined, you are behind the wheel driving while drunk or on drugs that's the only thing that should be considered dui. No ######## about being parked asleep in the drivers seat. Saying it shows intent if you are asleep behind the wheel is preposterous, you're asleep, you're not intending on doing anything.

Aireal Thanks this.
  5. mcgoo422000

mcgoo422000 Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    You wasting your time talking to some folks. The ones from Lefty land adulate over government and always will . Go through this forum and you can tell who loves government by their zip code and their opinions reflect this. So it's like talking to mindless robots.

6. interdude

interdude Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2012
    you can also be charged dwi without any booze/dope being involved,

gotta watch out also if workin on a vehicle in your driveway and havin beers

7. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    Spoken just like someone that knows (about getting caught)....just saying , you throw your opinion out just like anyone else...breaking the law is breaking the law. Its very , very easy to NOT break the law, either chose to drink and have a designated person to drive, or don't have anything to drink...that can't be or should not be too hard for anyone to understand and agree on that being the responsible thing to do. I do not drink,can't stand the taste of alcohol , but if an adult wants to...No problem...just give everyone else, including those who drink the respect of being a responsible adult and don't get behind the wheel of any motor vehicle. If a person makes the choice and take a drink (1 drink or 20) and drive then they deserve any and all punishment that they get.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  8. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    That's stretching it even more. Before too long, they'll bust you for dui if you are in the passenger seat being driven home because you could "potentially" drive later on past the dui checkpoint.

9. mcgoo422000

Mar 18, 2012
    Like I said typical lefty mentality . It's all wrong till you get caught doing it then you want a special set of rules cause your problem is so much different than everyone else is. I seen the type they cry and moan and want the world to hold their hand. Wisdom comes with age and nothing else young folks make mistakes and shouldn't suffer for ever because of it in most cases. I'm older and wiser now and can recognize BSer's from a mile away.
    And it's spoken like someone who knows how to win the case, I've beat two dui's many years ago. And the courts were full of people like you that want a special set of rules just for them cause their mommy told them they were special.

10. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    Then what I said WAS true...you do how it feels to get caught. I'm not gonna argue with you about whats right or wrong cause we will never agree. But I wouldn't brag to a forum full of professional drivers or those who aspire to be , about getting caught and beating a DUI....You didn't do anything but show those folks what you think is important....and that is You can do what YOU want to do and get away with it...talk about being SPECIAL.......yep I'm very special, drove for over 30 years, never had an accident....in professional circles thats a pretty good record. OH, and I've never been inside a courtroom, and I'm 63 years old...proud of that record too BTW....Next ?

ShootThis Thanks this.
  11. mcgoo422000

Mar 18, 2012
    Nope didn't get caught if I won. Accused and caught are two different things, innocent like a lamb I was.
    In both circumstances I wasn't even inside the vehicle when the police came. Like I said everyone one has done something you remind me of the former DA that used to sit and get high as a kite and thought some how he was better than everyone else. Till he was caught and disbarred. You need to look around next time you're out at all the professional drivers you talk about. I bet half can't make complete sentences or form many cognitive thoughts. Just cause I use my constitutional rights and win doesn't mean anything to those who think like you cause you worship at governments feet. You've never seen inside a court room? You'll be the one to have great big tears when your time comes seen that before to. The great member of the community gets caught and falls, does sandusky or peterno sound familiar?
    holier than thou talk is all a smoke screen for the real culprits.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.