Questions about Maverick's lease program here.

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Danfromwindsor, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Thought Id start a thread on Mavericks board for questions about their lease,pros cons etc. Ive been leasing about 6yrs now and wuth Maverick
    for over 8. Maverick is now leasing 2010 Cascadias!! These are exceptionally nice trucks with a apu!! I havent got full details on these as this is just starting. They had been leasing older Columbias but most of those now have too many miles. These Cascadias have less than 300k! That means lots of warranty left.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    I found out today the Cascadias are leasing for $390/wk. Not baf for a truck inly a little over a year old. The one I looked at had just over 200k on it!

4. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    This weeks profit(before taxes) .589cpm on 2646mi

5. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

When you are figuring your profit is that after all expenses, ie social security,
    depreciation on the truck and any other expense that you have to pay as an independent business person?

6. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
  7. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!

I know what it is...I was wondering if you included all of your expenses. Many o/o that I talk to never include ss, truck depreciation, workmans comp when they are talking about how much they are making.

8. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Well its a lease so truck depreciation doesnt enter into it. As for social security that is a tax hence the tern before taxes. All other expenses are deducted.

JimTheHut Thanks this.
  9. LandShark

LandShark Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Riverdale, Ga
    So after taxes you are not making much more than a company driver..and if you have a spouse hopefully they will be able to provide MED insurance if not now another expence and you are NOW making a whopping 20cpm

sewerman Thanks this.
  10. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    I always get a kick when someone says "so after taxes" lmao. So what as a company driver you dont get taxed?? My puny brain thinks. 589cpm before taxes is better than. 41cpm before taxes but thats just me.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  11. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    But it's $.44 per mile plus tarp pay plus fuel bonus plus breakdown pay plus vacation pay. Last year came out to $.49 sorry forgot to add stop pay. Not to put you down if it works for you that's great. I used to have three trucks but insurance health costs and low rates that's why I got out. For me this way I get my standard deduction plus my per diem on top of that so I saved about $22,000 from taxable income. If I own my own truck and do an itemized I would have to pay taxes on 10,000 income more than I do now. Don't get me wrong in about two more years I will buy another truck. Just so I could slow down at work when I want need to make just enough to pay for my health care and some pocket money. I'll pay cash for the truck and I have no bills everything I have is pay for. And I don't need to worry about replacing the truck figure me and the truck will quit at the same time I'm getting old.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.