Questions about Maverick's lease program here.

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Danfromwindsor, Oct 30, 2011.

1. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    The former Small-business owner in me cannot shake the curiosity in doing the IC thing. The former Insurance Agent in me insists that I keep my company benefits though. A constant battle in my head definately. LOL. Dan, do you know if they only have ONE lease program, or do they have different options like 24,36,48,60 month installment plans, or just one that you know of?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    typically its just the one however when trucks they are leasing get to a certain mileage they wont re-lease them to anyone typically anything over 475 doesnt go back into the lease fleet because its too old to complete the lease without risking engine replacement. Why they dont lease for shorter terms is beyond me if the truck has useful life left. It is however a walk away lease meaning if you decide its not for you you can walk away no strings as long as you dont owe them money. Your lease escrow is then returned within 45days minus any repairs that needed made. On my last lease I got the majority of my escrow back because i returned the truck with the tires and brakes within their required tolerance and cleaned the truck before turning it in. The repairs they made I already knew about in advance and you can get a itemized bill of those repairs once made.

As for the insurance thing,well that is going to be available to everyone in some shape or form in 2014 due to Obamacare. It may not be thru Maverick but it will be available to you to purchase. I would say the company driveers better hope Maverick doesnt follow so many other companies examples and drop health insurance and tell their employees to get it thru the gov.

4. Evil_E

Evil_E Heavy Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Dexter,MI
    Honestly, it's cheaper for a company to pay the fine for not offering insurance than it is to provide insurance. We're all screwed. That is if you work.....if not, then you got it made

jxu417 Thanks this.
  5. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    I wasn't going to get into that topic, a very sore one for me... I would rather go without it than conform to dear leader's sinister takeover and ration scheme. Thats all I will say on that topic.

Danfromwindsor and Evil_E Thank this.
  6. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    Dan, if a lease operator totals the truck, the insurance takes care of the loss- but Maverick is the lienholder on the insurance policy- so they are the ones that get compensated for the loss of the truck. (Assuming the driver is OK after the accident physically-) The driver/lease-operator is now out of a truck, and I would assume out of a job, with an accident on his report, that would limit his options in the industry for some time. Is that a scenario that in which I am on target with the results? And, second question.... If its a walk-away" lease, and you start as a company driver, then IC, then walk-away, do they black-ball you from going back to company driver?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  7. projump

projump Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Southeast Missouri
    It's a shame that our great country is being destroyed from within by radical leftist. Everything they control turns to crap. Every time they speak,lies pour out. Healthcare cost will go up and quality of care will go down.

8. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    If you total the truck,Maverick gets what is owed to them. If the truck value is more than what remains on the lease then you get that. Maverick will lease you another truck unless the accident was your fault and they decide to terminate your contract due to that. A friend of mine totaled his truck,he wasnt at fault,got enoigh insurance paid to him that he used it for down payment on a used truck. He drives the blue freightliner.
    As for coming back to being a company driver Ive never heard anyone say they were denied that option but cant say Ive met anyone who tried that either.

jxu417 Thanks this.
  9. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    How many did the lease and successfully owns a title to the truck?

How many failures?

10. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    I have no idea of the success rate. Im on my second lease and very satisfied with my earnings. Those that Ive talked to who were struggling or near failure all had one thing in common,too much hometime in excess of the usual and turning down way too many loads.

jxu417 Thanks this.
  11. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    non-posting readers take note, just curious at this point. :biggrin_25525:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.