Questions about Roehl?????

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Truckin' Monkey, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Truckin' Monkey

Truckin' Monkey Light Load Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Richmond, VA
    I am waiting to hear back from my Roehl recruiter about an orientation date. I have some questions, I would like to get the driver's perspective. I live in Richmond, VA and was wondering if that will cause me to get mostly NE runs? I would prefer to go everywhere and not just stuck in one area. I will be going into the Van National Fleet. I have also looked for this, but haven't found and answer, does Roehl allow inverters? Do they allow you to use things like satellite radio, gps, coolers/fridges in the trucks? Thanks for any help answering these questions. Like everyone new to this industry, there are just so many unknowns. I was in the military, so I know not to believe everything the recruiter tells me. LOL!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coopnp

coopnp Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Probably get NE run going out and coming back in. Most part depending on division you'll be away from it. I've done 29 states so far, I'm sure I could do more but I'm content and really don't want to see the whole country or what's above it. But you can go to Canada, ask for some west coast if it comes available etc. inverters the old trucks have them, my new truck I bought a 12v 250 watt I think for $30. Or you can get one from roehl and our mechanics install it for $300. I have a 12v cooler and soon a tv. Coolers are allowed but fridges not so much.

Truckin' Monkey Thanks this.
  4. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    I would say a lot of launch loads from Sonoco out of Richmond. Last one I took from there went to Cincinnati, they go all over. When I started with Roehl, I hardly saw the northeast, fine by me, and I lived in Massachusetts then. All depends I guess.

5. technoroom

technoroom Heavy Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Satellite radio yes, best to have your own portable receiver and plug it into the "aux" jack on the truck's radio.
    GPS yes, but you're given the route to follow by dispatch, so you need to be able to alter/tweak the GPS-generated route to agree with the dispatched route. I use GPS all the time to both tell me where I am and to guide me through turns etc. on the route.
    If the truck they issue doesn't have an inverter and you want a 1500-watt one, you must purchase and have it installed by the company. It's a few hundred dollars and can be paid through payroll deduction.

6. Truckin' Monkey

Feb 28, 2013
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks so much for the replies. I'm still waiting for that orientation date. I'm ready to get going.

7. CapeBuffalo

CapeBuffalo Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Oak Ridge TN
    I'm in my second week of training here at RDTC and what a great school!!

8. Truckin' Monkey

Feb 28, 2013
    Richmond, VA
    I have my CDL, but after hearing so many good things about RDTC I kind of wish I had gone through their training.

9. Truckin' Monkey

Feb 28, 2013
    Richmond, VA
    Well, I am supposed to start orientation Monday 03/25/13. That is if they get a response from the VA here in Richmond. Crossing my fingers. I had gall bladder surgery back in October and they gave me morphine and hydrocodone. They need the VA to tell them I'm no longer taking them. LOL I didn't even think that would show up on the test since it was over 6 months ago, but they asked me so I told them. I don't have a lot of faith in the VA getting this squared away. Wish me luck.

10. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Might show up in hair sample, not pee.

11. Truckin' Monkey

Feb 28, 2013
    Richmond, VA
    Haven't heard anything back. I hope the VA sent them what they needed and I'm good to go for Monday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.