Questions about Roehl?????

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Truckin' Monkey, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    That must be for regional? I'm van national and starting at .32 cpm, then .34 after 3 months and so on..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KHAN363

KHAN363 Bobtail Member

May 25, 2013
    hey atx can u pm me. i am from austin tx.

4. 0rganDonor

0rganDonor Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2013
    I'm starting at .39pm, but I'm coming in with one year otr and 250k+ miles.

5. BigSouthernTrucker

BigSouthernTrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Shreveport, LA
    A lot of good information on this subject. I have committed to going to work for Roehl and doing national van once I pass and graduate my CDL school here in Shreveport, LA on July, 18th. Lindsey (recruiter that I have been in contact with) has all my paper work and physical done so I am just waiting to get through school and then I should be off to Ellenwood, GA. Couple of questions:

1. Are there any Roehl drivers from the northwest region of Louisiana?

2. I'm wanting to know more about the agility testing they have us do at orientation. I'm a bigger guy (6 foot 5 inches tall and 400 lbs., I can climb in and out of the truck no problem) and just don't want to worry about you know I can do everything required but for whatever reason they don't pass me for the agility testing. Has anyone been sent home because they couldn't pass the agility test? How strenuous can it be?

3. I'm going to drive national van and plan on getting the reefer training and I have passed my HazMat test and have gotten clearance from Homeland Security to have the endorsement on my CDL once I get it, with all of that, are drivers sitting idle very long between loads? My main concern is not getting at least 2600 miles on my 11/3 schedule. I've got to make money and I know that if the wheels ain't turnin', you ain't earnin'.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  6. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    The agility thing you shouldn't worry about, it's nothing really. Also most drivers from your area are probably from Texas, we have a terminal in Grand Prairie, but it's not fully operational yet. Personally I rarely sit long at all. Also if your not set on 11/3, you'd be better off doing like 14/3, or 18/4.

7. BigSouthernTrucker

BigSouthernTrucker Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Shreveport, LA
    I think I need to start with the 11/3 as this will be completely new to me. I'm newly married (3/23/13) and the wife isn't exactly excited about me being gone 11 days already. I just gotta start and see what happens and whats going to work for me. I appreciate the advice though.

8. SmokinBoles

SmokinBoles Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Seville, OH
    I was accepted to RDTC with Roehl and plan to start in August or Sept. Anyone else thinking of going with Roehl? I plan to do the 7/7 plan out of Ohio and have heard a lot of good things about the training and company in general.

9. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Training is great and no complaints about the company from me so far. As far at the 7/7, just be aware that's like part-time work. You basically are working half the year. If that's your intention then go for it. Roehl is a great company to start with.

10. Hsauer87

Hsauer87 Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Parkton , North Carolina
    I'm all signed up with roehl, doing there honor program starting first week of August in Gary Indiana for flatbeds!

11. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    Can someone explain the agility testing and if they do sleep apnea testing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.