Questions about Roehl?????

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Truckin' Monkey, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Projektf350

Projektf350 Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    You basically have to be able to get in n out of the trailer with ease. And squat and "crab walk" under to check the 5th wheel. Yes they do scam 99% of people with the cpap. They only target us overweight people as of now. In sure after the milk the cow dry they will go after everyone.

crxdc Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmokinBoles

SmokinBoles Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Seville, OH
    Here is what you can expect when you get to Roehl. http://this is what you'll do the first day http://vimeo.com/59611178 plus drug tests and paperwork.

As far as sleep apnea you will get checked at your DOT physical for height, weight and neck size. Then you fill out some questions and DR looks in your mouth at your throat. If you fail you will need to get the study.

http://www.goroehl.com/downloads/ed/Roehl Pre-Work Screening.pdf

http://www.goroehl.com/downloads/ed/Roehl Pre-Work Screening.pdf

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    crxdc Thanks this.
  4. crxdc

crxdc Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Las vegas NV
    Good ro know. I already have my dot physical will they allow that or do I have to do thier doc and that link is not working.

5. kardolmer

kardolmer Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Monticello MN

Have to get another one with Roehls doc.

crxdc Thanks this.
  6. SmokinBoles

Jun 7, 2013
    Seville, OH
    QUESTION for Roehl drivers. I was just told that Phase II is 8-13 days running OTR with trainer as a team? I thought it was side by side training all the time from what others said.

7. Projektf350

Projektf350 Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    You do t really run as a "team" trainer is riding shot gun. You may split hours by a couple but they have to be on duty with you like 6 hours in order for you both to get paid.

8. SmokinBoles

Jun 7, 2013
    Seville, OH
    Did you get paid the $90 each day since you need 6 hours or were there days that you did not get your 6 in? I hope to get the 6 in each day.

9. SmokinBoles

Jun 7, 2013
    Seville, OH
    When you go to RDTC with Roehl do they do a BMI or any other physical? I was already sent to get my DOT with Reohl's DR's. They set the appt etc. I passed and have a 2 year card now. Just worried about spending $3385 plus travel etc and then get sent home for anything. They say $400 is due for room first day and $185 needs paid before you even go. I am pretty sure that the guys that don't pass do not have to pay the $2800 for school. The people that drink or do drugs and fail the drug test I can see losing money because they were warned several times up front but would hate to think someone loses money for something they did not control.

10. technoroom

technoroom Heavy Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Here's how it was back at the beginning of February 2013; I doubt if anything major has changed since then.

You don't have any further physicals with a physician. On your first day at RDTC, they have you go to a local medical office for the DOT-mandated urine test. By law, the results of that have to come back clean before you can drive the training trucks on any public roads. Until then you're limited to practicing on the RDTC range out back of the terminal. Usually the results come back by Weds. afternoon of the first week but occasionally it takes longer. (Mine didn't come back until Friday afternoon but I was told that's atypical -- but sometimes your sample gets analyzed in the next "batch" at the lab and you have to wait a couple more days.)

The only other physical-related tests that took place were the physical ability tests by Atlas Ergonomics, done on the last day of the third week. (Where you demonstrate crouching, climbing, pulling, pushing, etc.) Note that those are technically not part of RDTC, but rather are part of Roehl's pre-hire process.

If you passed the DOT physical and have your two-year medical card, you should be good to go as far as BMI or similar issues. If there were issues on that score, they would have been brought up then. If you are still concerned about a particular issue, I'd suggest contacting the recruiter and if they aren't able to answer the questions, they can probably have you speak with someone in the Safety department who can answer them.

I've posted previously in response to one of your questions that Roehl has a pro-rated refund schedule in case you cannot complete the course for whatever reason. If you've received RDTC enrollment materials, that information should be in the packet they sent you (pretty sure it was part of the "rules of the school" information). If you didn't receive that info, contact your recruiter. If your recruiter is who I think it is, she will work very hard to answer your questions or get you the answers.

A couple other things:

1. Successfully completing RDTC and successfully being hired by Roehl as a driver are, and legally must be, two separate things. They even state in the literature that it's legally impossible to guarantee you a job at Roehl just by attending and completing RDTC. That said,
    • Do many or even most RDTC graduates go on to be hired by Roehl? Yes.
    • Do some not successfully complete RDTC? Yes, for a variety of reasons -- sometimes it's the student's decision and sometimes it's RDTC's, but the rules for this, and the tuition refund that applies, are all spelled out ahead of time in the paperwork you sign as part of the application process before you travel there.
    • Do some complete RDTC but then do not get hired by Roehl? Yes -- but in the case I'm aware of, the safety department had been working with that person to resolve some medical history issues since the third day of the first week (i.e. 17 days earlier), so it wasn't like it came out of the blue.
    • Do some of these people then go to work for some other trucking company? Hard to say, but probably some do. They now have a class-A CDL, after all.
    • Does attending RDTC give Roehl an opportunity to look you over more closely as a potential hire while you're there and verify the info on the job application forms you've filled out? Of course.

2. I noticed you posted this question to three threads. That's probably not necessary, as those of us who frequent the forum here will see your question no matter which thread it is posted to. In particular, the "driver check-in" thread is most-often used by Roehl drivers to post where they are in case there are other Roehl drivers staying overnight at the same location and want to get together or meet in person.

SmokinBoles Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.