questions about roehl

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by csw1818, Mar 7, 2014.

1. tynodine

tynodine Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Hopkinsville, Kentucky
    Has the mileage gotten any better with Roehl? That was the only issue that I had with them was the mileage was a bit on the low side. I always thought that they were a pretty good company otherwise.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Ive always done very well with miles, ofcourse like everywhere, you do have a slow week or an issue with the truck etc. my first week by myself I got 3200, second week was right under 3100, my lowest has probably been 2400, and that was one time. My FM Is awesome me and him get along great and he always looks out for me, so I don't have complaints about the miles, been pretty good. I'll say a fair average is somewhere 2800-3200 wkly.
    ive never been late either, I take every load that's given to me, I don't complain, I don't stop unless for gas or the requird 30 min break. So I'm sure everyone is different but if you run, and prove to your fm that your not lazy and just wanna sit around truck stops and eat and then be complaining "I don't get any miles! This company sucks" then don't expect the miles.

tynodine, Dragonfly619 and Heysunshine Thank this.
  4. Sweeper777

Sweeper777 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Mound City, Kansas
    Does Roehl have any automatic trannys in their fleet? Seems to be the way things are going elsewhere..

5. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Very few while I was there, I heard one guy got one and just called his fm to get it changed.

Sweeper777 Thanks this.
  6. csw1818

csw1818 Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2014
    pinehurst, nc
    Quick question. I'm also gonna be 21 in December I know most companies like shun 21 year Olds I think roehl actually hires us youngsters per say. I really wanna run flatbed and then go to specialized division maybe then even be a owner-op

7. csw1818

csw1818 Medium Load Member

Feb 6, 2014
    pinehurst, nc
    Disregard that I didn't realize there was a post on it already haha. My thread got popular! One point for me!

8. Beedubyah

Beedubyah Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2013
    I currently run in a dedicated fleet that gets me home every weekend, and I like that. Being in this dedicated fleet and having the ability to be home every weekend is the reason for low miles. I had a face to face with my fleet manager yesterday, among our topics of discussion, was miles. What I was told, and I believe it to be true, is getting me home keeps me closer to my home area. The solution is to run a longer period. My FM told me that within our fleet there are several drivers that stay out two weeks at a time, each of them are getting 3500 to 4000 each week. So, I agreed to run two weeks out and 4 day's at home starting up immediately after the holiday.

The bottom line is this, there are several opportunities with Roehl for hometime. What you have to realize is your decision on which plan you elect may have a negative impact on your mileage. Keep in mind the DOT clock's will have a major impact on your drivetime along with waiting on loads and unloads. Even in the fleet that I am in, which is 98% drop and hook, I still have many times I sit and wait for loading and unloading. This costs you important time off your 14 hour/70 hour clock.

The best advise I can give you is learn to manage your clocks to your best advantage, and keep in mind if you elect to be home weekly, you will be limited on your mileage.

9. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Your fm told you that there are drivers getting 3500-4000 a week? I don't believe whoever your FM not for one second.

10. slybaldguy

slybaldguy Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Bedford,Tx
    I stayed out four weeks at a time and never got over 3000 miles.

11. T_TRUCKER.

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Yep, me too. In the beginning I was lucky to see 3000 but towards the end nowhere NEAR that.
    Its pretty hard to get even 3500 in a truck that only goes 62-63mph but 4000? There's no way, sounds like the FM is full of ****

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.