Questions about Roehl's equipment.

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by ThunderShock, Nov 12, 2016.

1. ThunderShock

ThunderShock Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2016
    I just acquired my class A license through CDL of GA a few weeks ago and got signed in with Roehl. My experience so far with my recruiter has been pleasant and I leave for orientation this Sunday the 13th. After doing a bit of research i've sort of figured out how orientation and training is going to work out.

My main question here is about the 2 hour limit on the inverter you buy and have them install. I'm trying to wrap my head around what this means as a whole. Can I hook up a smaller inverter to one of the cig outlets in the sleeper or would that get me into hot water? I know I can't hook up a fridge in the trucks but I can put a 12v cooler in it.
    On the side I do a lot of video rendering and 3D animation and my laptop needs at least 240 watts to function properly. I'm mainly curious to see if this would be something that would prevent me from using my laptop while i'm out.

I'm going to be doing flatbed national out of Georgia and was also curious to see if anyone else is doing the same. I want to see where people are typically sent out to and from.

Any general advice pre-orientation would be much appreciated as well. A month ago I didn't know anything about the trucking industry except that its what I wanted to get into, so I have no idea what to honestly expect past training.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    You should have hired on with a company that has APU to service your electronic equipment. Some companies you can use computer, video games, refrigerator/freezer, flat screen tv, etc. and still have heat and air-conditioning with the engine shut off. Some companies trucks have this capability, but Roehl does not.
    Some companies already have refrigerator/freezer and flat screen tv with Direct TV installed for the drivers comfort.

firemedic2816 Thanks this.
  4. ThunderShock

Aug 11, 2016
    Roehl seemed to be my best option with my 2 speeding tickets and allowing me home time for hunting and other things I do. I'm only planning on staying for a year then going to TMC or just going somewhere in Georgia that does supersized loads. Before Roehl I was about to screw myself by going with western express lol

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Probably hire on with Lone Star Transportation with 12 months experience.

6. ThunderShock

Aug 11, 2016
    Lone Star was a company I was looking at. Was hoping after 2-3 years in the Industry i'd get my own truck and start working for myself then grow outward into a full fledged company.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Times are rough for owner-operators.
    www.OOIDA.com is a business website for the owner-operator and small fleet owner.

firemedic2816 Thanks this.
  8. firemedic2816

firemedic2816 Road Train Member

May 14, 2016
    Walton Kentucky
    Millis Does and I believe I just heard Maybe Knight was starting to install TV and Fridges but not 100%

9. bullhead

bullhead Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Twin Cities, minnesota
    I was with Roehl for 5 years, promoted to the specialized part. Pulled allot of oversize loads. This is a good company to learn proper habits. Honestly, you may find that you don't have time or are to tired to play on your laptop at the end of the day. The inverter will give you the power you need for 2 hours accumulative for each day. I had that inverter plus two smaller ones that ran a tv, dvd, and a laptop. The trucks have an electreical apu. Large battery packs that ran the a/c and heat. These packs get recharched by the truck. It is a ok system.
    Coming out of Georgia, get ready to be spending alot of time up north in the cold...

10. lost2008

lost2008 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Ladysmith, WI
    the inverters now go for 3 hours

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.