Questions about Walmart

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by trecord88, Jun 20, 2019.

1. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    dont set up like otr drivers and you wont

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CurtH

CurtH Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Is it like backing into a truck stop parking space or what?

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  4. mushroom1464

mushroom1464 Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2010
    U S A
    When someone backs into one of the trailers the instructor blows a whistle the driver stops and the exercise is over. Then the card he has with your name on it is written on saying you screwed up and you go back inside. It was quite evident at least in my class of 94 that not everyone was going to pass through the event,and frankly from what I observed they shouldn't. I was amazed at the quality of drivers in the room. I always felt Walmart drivers were cream of the crop. Nope. Just by some of the questions being asked you could tell there were people in that room who didn't have a lot of knowledge about trucking. Best example I can think of I heard several drivers discussing how to slide tandems. I thought people learned to do that in driving school guess I was wrong. Don't get me wrong that's cool when you're going to work at one of the mega companies but Walmart? How do you have a minimum of 30 months experience and not know about sliding tandems?

drvrtech77, richardc, T.Rucker and 2 others Thank this.
  5. mushroom1464

mushroom1464 Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2010
    U S A
    It's just backing between 2 trailers. There pretty close together but it's not a blindside back.

richardc and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  6. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013

7. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    yea but remember this. cause you are there at that point. doesnt make you a wm driver. you dont fully have the job. if you make it threw that part. you still got to pass the one on one part with the dc cdt. if you dont get threw your dc part. then its the end of the road

richardc Thanks this.
  8. CurtH

CurtH Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Thanks for the info I’m here in Bentonville getting ready for tomorrow I’m more concerned with the pre trip than the driving part.

9. truckdriver31

Sep 18, 2013
    touch everything you can

10. richardc

richardc Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2013
    I probably had my CDL for 3 years before I ever slid tandems. I drove for a company that I already worked for in the warehouse. We drove 36 and 48 foot trailers and delivered to gas stations. We never had the need to slide them. But it should be common sense. I can understand that some of the flip flop truckers may not understand it.

CurtH and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  11. richardc

richardc Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2013
    Got the email with my flight info today. Starting to get a bit nervous. Not sure why. I feel competent. Maybe it’s just the change.
    How’s your week going? Today is test day if I understand correctly.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.