Questions for a new driver 19 yrs old?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Stiel, Feb 3, 2019.

1. VantaiTatted

VantaiTatted Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Maryland
    Look for local jobs such as Local farms transporting equipment or animals from farm to farm or some other local small instate trucking job until she reaches the age for the restriction to be gone.

Stiel Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    I just looked up the CDL license requirements for Pa, you must have a valid driver's license and be at least 18yrs of age.At 18 you can drive any commercial vehicle intrastate( inside Pa), and at 21 you can drive Interstate(across state lines). I don't know how long that will last, due to a driver shortage, they're talking of lowering that to 18. I got my bones in the trash industry. I swept floors and worked as a mechanics helper, until I got to know the owner well enough to give me a seat. That was in the late 70s, before the insurance companies ran the show. If she's determined, she'll have to prove herself, even more so, being it's a male dominated industry. If I were her, and I mean no disrespect, I would try and find a local company owned by a woman, it might increase her chances. Good luck.

Stiel Thanks this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Maybe she needs to come here and engage us, it seems it is better to get right answers than to hear suggestions from someone as a third party, even if your intentions are good.

6. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    Yes you are right,there is a supplement to the law and it has all new changes to the CDL laws in Pa.Sorry for the misinformation.

Stiel Thanks this.
  7. Buckeye 60

Buckeye 60 Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2018
    in your area I would contact the fracking companies they are needing drivers bad enough they may overlook your in state restrictions they also are running a lot of strait trucks with water they look heavy enough to require a cdl not sure .... your best bet is to head to midland Texas and run fracking water to texas .... I had a friend's son that went there 4 yrs ago around 19 yrs old he saved enough money to buy him a nice peterbuilt and runs heavy haul now

Stiel Thanks this.
  8. Stiel

Stiel Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2019
    Thanks guys these were the types of responses I was looking for. I'll put the link to the forum in my Email to her grandmother so she can pass it on to her granddaughter. I'd rather have her asking you guys directly anyways.

9. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Yes,the military really is one of the best things goin.No rent,free food, free college money,free job skill training,free medical and a paycheck you can squirrel away most of.zJMO

• Truckers Report Jobs