QUESTIONS FOR JBH DRIVERS WITH NEWEST BENDIX SYSTEM

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by GCDMN., Nov 10, 2016.

1. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Need to hear some experiences with newest Bendix system. I see they have lane departure and front facing camera and heard they also read speed limit signs. How are lane departure incidents handled? Hopefully not like headways. I'm currently in a 2014 FL with JBH and am use too that system. I've gotten 2 headways in the 9 months I've been here. Had a couple stability events also, one was legit on a entrance s shaped highway ramp (at 37mph) and other was at 13 mph so probably a false reading. These seem to be the things they are most concerned with. I get semi regular deceleration events cuz of wildlife but aren't asked about those. My account got a half dozen new Int. in the middle of the summer and a multi year driver was just let go cuz of incidents. Don't know exactly what happened but there was bumper damage on his truck but did hear he got a lot more bendix alerts with the new truck. Kinda weird, not talking a new driver so it's a little unnerving. I really don't know much about the driver, who knows maybe his old truck had a broken bendix system and he was able to fly under the radar for a long time. My truck has 415k on it so I will probably be in a new one sometime in the next 9 months. My truck also just started throwing a emission code so may need to be serviced so I may be trying out a new system as soon as tonight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LittleWolf85

LittleWolf85 Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Ouch, man. I haven't gotten the newest one yet, so I don't know. I didn't know they even upgraded. I've been on Georgia Pacific runs with JB, and that's all we run is these Internationals.
    Still, they take a look at a lot of the circumstances. For instance, a collision mitigation at less than 10mph isn't even reported. Same for a roll stability. Sudden decels are never reported that I've seen, just make sure you keep that sucker in gear! One of my friends was fired recently over incidents like that, and it's unnerving, sure, but that's the name of the new trucking game. They get ya before you destroy a car, or another truck, or get that huge violation. They might be right, that they're identifying patterns and whatnot, and cutting folks who have too many incidents keepa their CSA scpres down, but I dunno.

4. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Yeah I'm really not sure what this guy's history was. Haven't got a collision mitigation yet. My manager did ask me about the stability events. I've always wondered about coasting down hills but don't do it cuz im worried once that GPS hits 70 mph my truck will pop up on some big board at JBH hq. I'm envisioning one of those giant global screens with 20,000 dots like you see in movies when the missions are launched. Know they don't have that but sure certain alerts pop up on somebody's computer screen instantly.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And so, truck shivers too much under a load and you are fired.

NICE. NOT.

6. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    With these forward facing cameras were probly gonna start seeing a ton of newer vid footage in safety training vids. Pretty sure any time a event is triggered it is recording. There gonna have to triple the size of the safety department eventually. Wonder if that job pays anything????

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Enough to keep people chasing after safety stuff.

I was a JBH driver OTR once after 9-11, I brushed a vehicle in St Louis that was not worth much... however the classic proverbial computer in the box behind the new dent on the made it a expensive one that night. I did warn the Officers who issued the cabover that I will be taking out cars with em and that is why I don't want it, not after 2o years of making sure I don't drive cabovers.

If I found out while still employed with them today that there is a system monitoring how much the #### things shake and shiver in addition to braking I would have quit. What's next a certain temperature before they fire you? Or exhaling insufficient CO? where does this madness end?

I'll tell you where.

Robot trucks is where that will end, when there is no longer any humans around to fix whatever the robots eff up.

8. LittleWolf85

Oct 29, 2016
    That's exactly how that works. As for coasting, you can go as fast as you want, for a minute or less. Keep it under 68 and it'll never gripe at you.

9. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Ok I just talked to one of my managers and he said he really hasn't noticed a noticeable uptick in events in the new trucks so as usual it was just rumors and now I feel responsible for spreading them. Guy let go must have had too much stuff piling up. The guys that got the newest trucks were the longest tenured. Think 2 of them are million milers so I hear they don't like them but not a huge issue. I am hearing something about JBH holding firmer on terminating drivers with multiple events in a set period of time and will get details on that.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    People who are let go have alot of stuff piling up. That tends to happen.

I don't think you are a source of rumors, if the company really wanted to start measuring loads impacting the entire 18 wheeler in all directions, they are more than welcome to do it.

As far as im concerned, 95% of loads imposed on a 18 wheeler driven correctly is routine loading. When I use the word loading, I seek to say that a force imposed on the suspension, drive line, 5th wheel, etc etc etc etc

There are a few bad bridges I know of and remember that it will REALLY shake the truck, no matter what you do. If JBH is interested in minimizing all those meetings requried after 100 trucks crossed that bridge today.... they will mark it.

11. LittleWolf85

Oct 29, 2016
    That's true without a doubt. That's the reason my buddy got terminated, too many critical events in a short term. The thing is, his Bendix was way out of alignment, as was the roll stability monitor, but they didn't fix it, they termed him instead. Watch your six, driver, if you get the new system.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.