Questions For Reefer Drivers

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Dukes68, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Dukes68

Dukes68 Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2011
    Rockford, IL
    What kind of miles can one expect on a weekly basis? Does it depend on your location such as operating out of the Midwest versus other parts of the country. Secondly, how is Maverick doing in penetrating the refrigerated market compared to other companies that have been doing it for alot longer.

Thanks for your replies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Just heard today from J.J. that Maverick is going to start putting IC's on reefer now. 72% plus 100% fuel surcharge. So here are a few questions I have for current reefer drivers. What areas are you running 90% of the time? How much wait time do you usually have and how many times do you pay to have someone unload your trailer? Im thinking I may try this out if moneys right and Im not having to shell out tons of cash for too many extras which would negate any benefit. With winter coming and flats typically getting slower it would be a good time to try this out maybe.

4. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Ok Maverick supposedly pays 100% of reefer fuel and lumpers. So thats a plus. Now if I can just run into some reefer drivers at the yard this weekend I might get answers to my other questions.

5. BusDriver

BusDriver Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Minooka, IL

Dave is one. Dave what, idk. But I talked to him last weekend. had a trainee with him and was parked for a day or so in LR. He seemed real happy with the reefer. Wish I knew what his last name was, but he is a trainer if that helps you narrow it down some.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.