questions/observations of truckstop from a non-trucker

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by joe1, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Four wheels

Four wheels Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2011
    Indiana
    Just thought I'd pass along a helpful tip for those folks who are on the road for days and do not have access to a shower. I have found that spraying the body down with Febreeze fabric deodorant (safe for skin) has worked wonders. It doesn't just cover up the odor, it actually neutralizes it and there is no trace of odor afterwards.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Road Train Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Retired in Taunton Ma
    I have a daycab and I'm home every night.I fuel up at a Pilot everyday and have several showers on my points card.I will give my showers to any driver who ask for one.The TS has never had a problem with it.

4. Okieron

Okieron Crusty Okie

Dec 23, 2009
    muskogee, ok
    God bless you Me Ed. I offered one to guy one time and he asked why I thought he needed a shower. I explain that as he walked past the flower bed the flowers all DIED! he didn't think that was funny Though.

5. Rebelson

Rebelson Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Mint Hill NC
    I have not learn how to drive yet but I am working on it but since my whole family has been in this kind of job I go in to truck stops and show respect becuase I know not out of experience I just know from living with truckers this is one hell of a job and if you see a trucker show some #### respect half of the stuff in your nice clean home came to the store by truckers if america did not have truckers we would be screwd so plases shut you mouth and learn to respectt and no heyns57 this is not toward you I just add more to your post from my viewpoint

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  6. DP Transport

DP Transport Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Hello Joe1.......I've read about as much of this crap as I can stand so I'll be brief. Baby Wipes and fresh deodorant work great when you can't get to a shower. No excuse for being funky. I used to fingerprint every piece of freight coming off my trailer in 90 degree weather and did not stink when I was finished. Funk happens over time. No excuse for it.

7. gravdigr

gravdigr Road Train Member

May 2, 2011
    Hollidaysburg, PA
    LOL DP Transport.I just skipped to the endof this godawful thread to post that same thing. I start training in 2 weeks at acdl mill then will get my trainer OTR. I am a clean person, not crazy ocd clean but if you see the bald guy with the huge goatee wiping his funky self down with baby wipes and washing his head with a bottle of water that will be me lol. I've done manual labor all my life and one thing I cannot stand is to stink lol. If no shower is available believe me I will find a way. I'm sure my trainer will appreciate it too lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.