Questions.

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by joseph1135, Mar 27, 2013.

1. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Hey, so, I applied to Gordon, was hired, supposed to go to orientation at Indy on the 8th. Got a decent sign on bonus and a good starting rate, as I'll be on the TC side. I've been out here 11 years, been with my current company for almost 6 years. I've always wanted to work at Gordon, them being a Northwest company and I love driving west, trucks and trailers look good and fairly well maintained, and every driver I talk to seems relatively happy with them. I wasn't expecting them to hire me though, lol. I know the way I'm used to doing things will have to change, as I pretty much do what I want (within the realms of reason and good business) and never drove a slow truck before. I guess I'm having some issues to whether I'm making the right move. So,Gordon guys and gals, tell me what I can expect. Where will I be running, what kind of miles should I expect every week, are the trucks & trailers maintained? How fast or slow do the. TC trucks run? What do I need to know to be successful at GTI TC division? Where I work now, its a smaller company and everyone knows me and knows I'll run. I'm going into a totally different situation. I wanted to, at least I think I do. So, please, lol, help me. I'd really appreciate it because I'm having a hard time deciding whether I made the right choice or not. Thank you and be safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tuckered Trucker

Tuckered Trucker Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Only question back to you is this...Why are you leaving where you've been for 6 years? Did you check out Gordon before you applied? I know they were a really good company back in the 80's, but then that was in the "good ol' days" ! Hope you have good luck. I'm looking to find a good company to team with and most companies will tell you what you want to hear. Good luck. Sorry I wasn't any help to you, but just wondered why you're leaving 6 years behind?

4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Things have changed, the insurance is bad, and I want to run west more. They aren't a bad company and I would recommend drivers to them.

5. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    And I researched Gordon as well. It's just one of those things.

6. Giltner1

Giltner1 Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2012
    I.E. SO-CAL
    Congratulations on Your move, I recently made a move to another company after being there for seven years. I don't like changes. But it was for the best, better insurance, I only stay out a week at a time. Also like the northwest. Just adjusting to their way of things.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  7. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    If they have what you want, go for it. Worse that can happen is you go back to Lessors

8. Tuckered Trucker

Tuckered Trucker Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Casa Grande, AZ
    I'm glad to hear that you researched Gordon. I wish you all the luck in the world. Stay safe out there, but have fun!!

9. truckintime

truckintime Light Load Member

dang this forums more regulated then the industry itself! so many removed posts im sure it was good literature =/

10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Not really. Some guy has a hard on for me because I called out bad drivers a while back.

11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I guess there is absolutely no one who works for this company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.