Quick question

Discussion in 'Old Dominion' started by Truckerdm, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Truckerdm

Truckerdm Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2013
    I am interested in applying in OD... just wondering what kind of benefits the company offers like 401k match and health.. and do they have a pension plan... also looking into ups freight and Conway...which will be the best.... got 2 tickets on record and 1 getting off in 1st week of Nov.... so should I wait for it to get off or should I apply right away... any help is appreciated.. thnx

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Hi Truckerdm, it's been my experience, well known freight outfits like you mention want the best of the best, with crystal clean records and several references. You can try, but I wouldn't expect much of a response. Companies referred to as "bottom feeder" companies coined here, usually are the ones that hire drivers with any ill record. Good luck.

4. Joews

Joews Light Load Member

Jun 14, 2014
    OD will take you if your tickets aren't sure anything major like 15 mph over speed or something.

Just made sure you have all your endorsements prior to applying because they won't talk to you if you don't have them.

That being said, most terminals will do a face to face with the TM, be sure to practicing kissing butt really well for that interview.

My written history wasn't exactly stellar, but I had an interview when the TM and did pretty well and got myself a job there.

If you do get on, be ready to work your ### off.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.