Quickway Carriers

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Lucy McGillicuddy, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Lucy McGillicuddy

Lucy McGillicuddy Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2020
    Quickway Carriers, Inc a Nashville based carrier under parent company Paladin Capital has closed the doors on its Louisville KY operation in the middle of the night. They notified employees on the eve of contract negations by text message that they were out of a job on December 9, 2020 at 11:30 PM. The company decided to terminate its business relationship with Kroger Distribution, its sole customer, and close the doors on the their operation to avoid contract negotiations with their Drivers and Teamsters Local 89.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigRigBLV

BigRigBLV Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Minneapolis
    Wow, if you don’t mind me asking where did you hear that from?

sevenmph Thanks this.
  4. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    I heard the same thing from a Teamsters rep.

BigRigBLV Thanks this.
  5. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    I remember hearing about this outfit a while back when one of their drivers slammed into a bus carrying a womens softball team killing 4.

6. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Can anyone confirm the op’s claim? I still see their trucks out there. And still pulling Kroger trailers.

7. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
  8. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    I really like the union mentality this job sucks so much that we are going to strike. Company agrees and throws in the towel. Union members start whining they are screwing us.

9. BigRigBLV

BigRigBLV Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Minneapolis
    You’re so arrogant. Go get your eyes checked. You have no idea what you’re talking about. Let me guess you think since you own your own truck. You believe you’re a “business owner”

I know for a fact my union job pays more then your job. I have a retirement and company paid health insurance. Quickway shut down the operations because the drivers went union.

skinnytrucker Thanks this.
  10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    How's that Central States pension these days?

11. BigRigBLV

BigRigBLV Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2020
    Minneapolis
    Oh haha, the Teamsters have 27 different pension funds. Yes central states is bankrupt. But since you’re so smart why don’t you bring up Minneapolis warehouse pension? 98% funded. What about the Western Conference? 50 billon dollars in that fund, and 99% funded! What about Local 710 pension working at UPS? After 30 years you get $4500 dollars. Oh and that’s 97% funded. Sit down in your sleeper driver. I love when people like you preach central states, that’s how uneducated you are.

Der, der, I make .40 cents a mile. Do you understand that. let’s compare retirement and w2s.

skinnytrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.