Quickway

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by quickway, Feb 20, 2011.

1. ironhead03

ironhead03 Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Piedmont SC
    I noticed this thread. Quickway called me today. Simpsonville SC location. I live 17 miles from them. What he said to me was: 38 cpm 13.00 per hour deliver milk to Wal-Mart. I know they have Macks at Simpsonville. I have took the personality test on-line.And will go from there. I will accept the job if offered.Terminal manager was very nice and very profesional.All this happened today.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    Good luck to you. I hope it works out.

4. quickway

quickway Light Load Member

Feb 1, 2011
    louisville ky
    Hmmmm....maybe quickway has different pay for different areas. Trucks as well as we have freight shakers, I'm soooo glad we don't have macks.

5. ampm wayne

ampm wayne Heavy Load Member

Jan 13, 2009
    bloomington,in
    The Indianapolis terminal has Freightliners,Mack, and Sterlings.
    Drivers that are thinking about Quickway need to know that thay haul grocery products. It will require some physical work.
    The good thing is you are close to home. Home every-other day or every day.
    People are always going to need groceries. It is not like hauling general freight. It has advantages and dis-advantages. The biggest advantage to me is it is predictable. Once you have been with Quickway for a while you will be going to the same places. Therefore,you will know what to expect. It may be good or it may be not so good. But,you will know what you can expect after you have been here for awhile.

6. ironhead03

Jan 8, 2011
    Piedmont SC
    Hauling groceries is not for the un self motivated person. Quickway will not be near as hard as what I was doing At North Star Food Service.Delivering to chilis, macaroni grill,on the border, quiznos,waffle-house, all roll in across parking lot with hand trucks.No lift gate. you roll down ramps on trailer.(fun)It will not pay 70k like North Star. Food business will all ways be there, but you can get out bid buy other food service Co's. And you get laid off like Me. I mss that job.I think I will enjoy Quickway.

7. Part Time

Part Time Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2008
    McAthur,Ohio
    Does QuickWay hire out of the Columbus, Oh area?

8. quickway

Feb 1, 2011
    louisville ky
    Not exactly true ironhead....you can make 70k here at the louisville ky terminal. But the catch is this, you have to run about 5 st louis loads a week which is VERY hard. I run 3 and a local run and I'm good for $1100-1200 a week.

9. ironhead03

Jan 8, 2011
    Piedmont SC
    Thats good you can make that in L'ville. My last year at North Star was 2 one day runs And One over-night that I turn in 24 hours. I was laid off on Oct 21.2009. And my w-2 said 69,701. my best year there was 72,475 in 2006.Well latest news is I am not going to Quickway. I have accepted a position at AAA cooper. .49cpm/20perhr. I hope I made the right choice.I have been working for 34cpm/15prhr for 15 months now. I am glad things are picking up. and they are some jobs out there.Nice to get the income back.Best regards every one safe driving.

10. Festusmo

Festusmo Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2011
    saint louis, mo
    Hey! I am looking for a guy who used to deliver milk to the Festus, Missouri Wal-mart. He worked for a trucking company out of Louisville, KY. His name is Kurtis(Curtis) ? Not sure of the spelling.

11. quickway

Feb 1, 2011
    louisville ky
    Yea festus...I know em. Were you the receiver that left recently?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.