Quit calling me with guesses!!

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Mattflat362, Feb 22, 2018.

1. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Sounds like a bad phone line ha ha. :D

Mattflat362 and cke Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Lately, if I have to wonder if you are even calling me from the U.S. and I can't understand you .......click.

Sorry man I am a bad American I guess.

DSK333, wore out, whoopNride and 3 others Thank this.
  4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    One of my favorites is delivering to farms or ranches. The customer meets you out on the highway and says "You might want to ride down there with me first and look it over. The last guy had a little trouble."

Lepton1, wore out, LoneCowboy and 8 others Thank this.
  5. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Nothing like getting loaded, then calling the receiver and having them tell you “ I’ll meet you at X, then I can take you to see where it’s going”

whoopNride, cke and REO6205 Thank this.
  6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Yeah, or he says "We've never had a truck this big in here before".
    You just know it's going to be an interesting day.
    I'm always glad when they have you look at it first though. It might save you from a big wrecker bill later on.
    We had one ranch where we delivered diesel. Way out in the middle of nowhere. We use truck and trailers for our fuel work and this is one of the reasons why.. We'd have to drop the trailer out on the main road, drive twenty miles on dirt and gravel around switchbacks and home-made bridges to the ranch itself. There were two places where you crossed through creeks with the water half way up the tires. You would never get a semi tanker in there. Well, not all the way at least.
    We'd pump the truck off, go back out to the highway, pump the trailer into the truck, drive back, unload, and head out. The only good thing was that we were always there at lunch time and they fed the driver.
    They only took two loads a year and it paid well but it tied the truck up all day.

EDIT...Sorry guys, I forgot this was the flatbed forum and I got to yakking about tankers. I'll give myself some demerits. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Lepton1, Opendeckin, wore out and 6 others Thank this.
  7. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Kind of sounds like this high dollar horse ranch that we delivered to. Meet out at the bottom of the hill, hook a track machine to the front of the truck, then a loader in back to push. When you get to the top, they put the track machine in back and lower you down the other side. When you get to the bottom, drive over to the barns, untie the load, pack a shower bag, go get cleaned up for lunch. Be hungry. Then go back the way you got in.

Lepton1, Crusader66, wore out and 6 others Thank this.
  8. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    What’s a broker?

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That’s another word for “pain in the ###”.

Lepton1, wore out and Slowpoke KW Thank this.
  10. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I have a few different words for them. I have a bit of a ‘tude toward those people. I haven’t decided yet who are the biggest problem in this industry. The megas, or the freight pimps. We own, licence and insure trucks. We employ truck drivers. In my mind if you plan on invoicing people for transportation services, you should be able to say the same thing. We haul third party freight sometimes, but I’ll only deal with originating carriers. After the load has been bounced thru 2 or 3 fax machines and all the money is gone I want no part of it. I have a lifelong investment in this industry in both time and money, so I’m not a big fan of someone just sucking money out of it at as little cost to themselves as possible.

TripleSix and wore out Thank this.
  11. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    The biggest problem in this industry is drivers and o/o that work cheap. You can't blame shippers and brokers for going for the best deal for them.

Lepton1, Nothereoften and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.