Quitting JCT - can you share some info please?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sierra, Dec 22, 2011.

1. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    Carriers may impose their own rules. Many companies are going to e-logs and for anyone that "chooses" to drive for that company will comply or will not have a job.

Want to operate by your own rules? Buy your own truck, trailer and get your own authority.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mgfg

mgfg Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    WHAT>>>and accept some RISK!

That's why the share croppers do the fleece purchase program because they want to "pretend" they're in business BUT they don't want/qualify for the risk!

4. mistwig

mistwig Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2011
    empty your truck before you get to the yard. they may do to you what they have done to many others, which is, give you 1 hour to get your truck cleaned out and off the yard. also these guys are right, they will nickle and dime you out of what is yours. and dont let them kill your dream of being o/o. they did that to my hubby and he is still not over it. good luck

5. cpttuttle

cpttuttle Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2011
    altoona,pa
    i don't care if it's a lease purchase or not,i always go home and unload first,then quit.unless i'm going directly too the new job and i'm renting a car.i got too much stuff.

6. Nomilesnopay

Nomilesnopay Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2012
    gainesville, ga
    I have had several friends work for them. In addition to holding your last pay check, they take your entire maintenance from you. I would get all of your things out of your truck before you turn it in!

7. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    He's right. Take it home and unload it. You never realize what you have accumulated until you unload it. It probably took me around two hours to get my stuff out. I waited until vacation time to turn mine in. That way they couldn't put me under a load. They like to do that. Put you under a load while on home time. If you quit it's still abandonment.

8. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

You would have to be able to READ in order to understand a lease agreement. :biggrin_2555: Must be why 95% base their decision to lease on the opinions posted on the INTERNET.

flightwatch Thanks this.
  9. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    I quit Oakley Transport and then sued them. Won too.

10. mr truckdriver

mr truckdriver Light Load Member

Mar 2, 2008
    ft myers fl
    What did you sue them for?

11. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    And what did you win ??

DUJO Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.