Quitting JCT - can you share some info please?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sierra, Dec 22, 2011.

1. olphart

olphart Medium Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Minden,LA
    His autocorrect is set to Spanish for one thing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    They don't need to. Pilots in general (especially airline pilots) don't run 3 fudged log books, run illegally, and argue with the FAA when they get inspected. Dare I say they are quite a bit more professional than truck drivers. Rightly so! They go through years of schooling and pay mega bucks to learn their career...unlike the unskilled labor truck driver.

On top of that, airliners are equipped with flight data recorders and ####pit voice recorders. Needless to say, but their tattle tale systems are a little bit more "involved" than a stupid little Qualcomm.

p608 Thanks this.
  4. gearjamin

gearjamin Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2010
    SE Michigan
    That is the problem. The government has truck drivers classified as unskilled labor. This I believe, is to keep labor costs as low as possible, thus helping to keep shipping costs lower. So the government and trucking companies theories go. If truck driving were classified as "skilled" and had the required testing and training in place to prove what a driver's current skill level is, and regular testing there after (like pilots and train engineers) our profession would be proven to be the highly skilled work that it is. And driver's pay and treatment would raise above the sorry level currently seen. As far as flightwatch's discription of truck drivers goes - not all truck drivers are argumentative bumpkins who run multiple logs and illegal. And I believe there have been news stories recently about airline pilots arriving drunk to thier assigned flights and another about pilots overflying thier destination airport because they were texting while piloting the plane! Sorry.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
    Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  5. dirtroadchild

dirtroadchild Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2011
    memphis tn
    there propably gonna take that maint.esc money most companies that stay s with the trk to the end of lease ? that performance money is kinda iffy some give it back some dont just lean on them and see if they do?

6. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

You will not come out with a financial advantage.

And by other postings on this site they do not refurbish the trucks with the MAINT $ they keep by the sounds of things more like push it off on the next leaser as many have posted of problems wit5h the trucks before they leave the yard..

7. cbrock8614

cbrock8614 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2012
    I sure hope JCT is not a bad company, My husband is in orientation as we speak, I am really tired of the companies screwing drivers out of miles and pay.

8. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    Most of the fellows that were posting about JCT being a good company to work for have left the company. With electronic logs being forced upon everyone they are going through some serious retention issues.

Some of them have switched to ACT while another has gone with a company gig with Schneider.

9. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    1st, the money in your maintenance escrow and performance bond is YOUR money.
    2nd, JCT will take money from those accounts for any monies owed to them. ie. negative settlements, damages to truck, and maintenance bills not yet deducted. After that, if there is a positive amount, the will send you a check within 45 days. Think about it.....if you trade in a car to a dealership, don't they deduct for damages or work that needs to be done? Who is supposed to pay for the required maintenance to bring the truck up to DOT standards? JCT? The new ownner of that truck? Why should they? YOU had the truck and were the ONLY one responsible for the upkeep of that truck. If you didn't do it when it was supposed to be done, you're still gonna pay for it. Its only fair. COMMON SENSE PEOPLE!!!! I see a lot of griping and ######## from previous contractors, but honestly the majority of the problems are driver based (meaning the driver themselves bring it upon themselves.)

10. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    To a degree, but they will fix everything you write up upon your initial inspection and FIRST trip for free. I mean they won't give you a new paint job, but come on....

11. pillbox

pillbox Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2012
    santa rosa,ca
    can you sub lease the truck to someone...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.