Quitting without a notice is a poor move

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ad356, Apr 17, 2021.

1. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    Yeah, some folks need courage for different things, I guess.

A purdy woman will challenge me far greater than quitting a job. That's just routine business.

There maybe a few guys out there that have a fear of rejecting other people, but I doubt it's that many. Certainly a person can have the balls to quit, but still for whatever reason, he decides to show off his disappearing magic trick.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    I think I know exactly who you're talking about. Some people just ain't happy unless they're b!tc4ing.

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  4. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Never said anything about any other rules. I said the company has rules so you have notice of being fired if you violate them. Pretty simple to understand.

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Sorry ad, such is life, business sucks when you can’t retain drivers.

while you are complaining about this, it reminds me of what happened to me, i lost two drivers the same day on one PIA account and they put me into a big problem, freight had to move. I moved two drivers onto the account and they cried for a week about it because that meant they had to work harder. After hearing safety girl tell me they kept calling her for trivial crap, I got pissed off at them and pulled them off the account and told them to meet with me that day.

I told them I was tired of their crap, I told them if they wanted off the account, they can quit right then and where or they can help find two drivers and I will give them $1000 cash each when their replaces are hired.

It took them a week to find two drivers to take over the work, those two are still with me on the same account and so are the drivers who recruited them.

so ad, I have to ask, while you are feeling bad about your boss and his plight, have you and other drivers done anything to find some drivers to help?

a follow up question is this, does your boss give you guys a referral bonus to help find someone? Maybe $2500?

6. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    You did not direct that question to me, but, I am going to give you an answer!

In the last 3 years, I have replaced my washer/dryer, my range, and a new refrigerator with the money I have received from driver referrals!

JoeyJunk and slow.rider Thank this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    See there you go moose, show off!!

seriously referrals seem to work.

JoeyJunk and slow.rider Thank this.
  8. slow.rider

slow.rider Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2017
    NYC
    Just as the company has notice of you quitting if they violate them. Pretty simple to understand.

9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    You've done well for yourself.

slow.rider Thanks this.
  10. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Do you give them and have them sign a list of conditions that you will quit for? Like a company rule book but a drivers rule book? I really doubt it.

And still not understanding that the company gave notice of firing through their rules handbook but the driver did it anyway.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  11. brysol01

brysol01 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    None of your #### business if it is to much a strain that he quit find other work

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.