Quitting

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Bbuenting, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Well it is Sunday. Monday You should be able to get a load. Problem is, won’t be home till Tuesday night or Wednesday. Unless you Deadhead halfway home today. Tough spot. $300 worth of fuel between you and home. If they promised a load back, and lied. They get what they deserve. Tough way to leave. I’d say Dispatch has a problem. Shouldn’t be yours.

truckdriver31, alds and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Sounds like its not your issue of how they get their truck back. You offered to return it. Don't take another load going anywhere except up near their terminal so that if you have to, you can dh there, drop off the truck and then uber to the airport. If they can't manage that then they can retrieve their truck from Ok.

4. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    If you have tried in good faith to work out the situation, and they refuse to abide by the agreement that was negotiated, all bets are off. If you need to dead head the truck to the agreed upon return location, then thats what you need to do.

5. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    You're in charge of your own destiny, not them, no matter how good they've been to you.

truckdriver31 and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  6. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve always heard abandoning a Truck is the one Cardinal sin not to commit. If they use DAC, it can cost you a lot of lost future opportunities. Better to Deadhead to the Terminal. Family emergency. At this point it doesn’t matter. You have a right to be angry. But don’t cut off your nose to spite your face.

7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Hell with that. I wouldnt dh a truck 800mi for free. He did everything right, they failed to get their equipment returned in a timely manner.

8. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    If it's some crap ### mega, maybe. They love using that scare tactic on newer drivers. Good trucking co's will ask why that's on there.

He already has a new job, the new employer wont care about the previous companies problem.

9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    How is it abandonment if they don't tell you what to do with their truck?

If they had neglected to instruct me on what to do with the truck and now the day has come where my employment has ended, I'd be calling a wrecker to haul it off my property. Not my truck, not my problem, get it out of my driveway.

10. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Maybe that's the new way of leaving a job, tell them they must have their equipment back in any of their terminal yards by such and such or risk having to retrieve it from such and such location.
    Then you can say, "hey, you were warned, I told you exactly what was going to happen". And then get on with your life. Everybody seems so scared of DAC reports, you can refute anything put on them, and can probably sue as well for slander for not being able to find employment if you wanted to take it that far.

11. Rideandrepair

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve been told more than once, Abandoning a Truck is the only thing that they won’t overlook. It’s been 15+ hrs ago. But I’m guessing it’s still that way, at many Larger Companies. Nowadays it’s worse than ever, when it comes to Company policies. I personally am so tired of Latge companies and they’re policies. No one can make a decision on their own. Just follow policies. Tired of it. Rather work with good people, even if it’s for less money. Not worth the stress, especially over a lifetime Career.

baha and TheLoadOut Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.