R E West Trucking

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by tntim, Feb 28, 2014.

1. JohnboyTrucker

JohnboyTrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Clarksville, Tn
    I'm in Clarksville, Tn. They told me 7-10 when I started, I've just been lucky enough to have not been out longer than 7 days so far.

bigmike77 and jlawson1979 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jlawson1979

jlawson1979 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Ok, sounds good.

JohnboyTrucker Thanks this.
  4. macmanboomer

macmanboomer Light Load Member

Oct 19, 2014
    TN
    I drove for them for 16 months until I had to take a leave of absence. I may go back there soon. They run only top of the line equipment with the best of everything, including apu.

If someone has experience the pay is good. For someone needing to get a cdl their program is pretty good I think. Not only do you NOT have to pay several thousand dollars to get your cdl, they pay you to be in training. The way it used to work is after getting your cdl and riding with a trainer, you'd get your truck. They would hold back .05 per mile till you hit 100k miles. Then they'd give you what they held back ($5k). If you left before that you lost out.

There's numerous ways you get paid for extras like unloading, layover, good inspections, etc. I got a $50 bonus one time because a consignee chewed me out for showing up early.

I already had a cdl but didn't have recent experience. I made $60k with them the first year.

5. jlawson1979

Jul 10, 2012
    Did you haul a lot of water heaters to the same places?

6. macmanboomer

Oct 19, 2014
    TN
    I only did van for 2 months, rest was stepdeck. I did do some water heaters though. I only had 3 or 4 loads that I had to help unload. Some of the ones you "help" unload they use a clamp on the forklift & you really don't do anything but still get the extra pay. Most of the time you're only unstacking them & rocking them side to side to get onto pallets. If you're sitting at the dock a couple hours waiting on the consignee to unload you you're not making any money at all. At least with the water heaters you help unload you're getting unloaded quicker and getting extra pay for it as well.

I'm in Cleveland also.

jlawson1979 Thanks this.
  7. jlawson1979

Jul 10, 2012
    Cool, I've probably seen you around. I've been looking into them. They seem to have decent home time so I may go with them they said 7-10 days. I appreciate your time.

8. macmanboomer

Oct 19, 2014
    TN
    If getting home is important make sure you let your dispatcher know what you want so you'll both be on the same page. If you act like you don't care, they'll run you as long as they can. Most of the time they'll work with you very well. Just remember, the more you're home the less you'll make, no matter who you drive for. If you can make it being out 2 weeks at a time you'll probably earn more.

PM me your name so I'll know who you are if I do go back myself.

jlawson1979 and JohnboyTrucker Thank this.
  9. JohnboyTrucker

Jul 25, 2014
    Clarksville, Tn
    I'm glad I decided against going to a different company after training. Working for them is not bad at all. Even with the .32 cpm, my paychecks are between 750-950..and that is after all my deductions.

10. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Please share how you earned 60K there?
    I worked there and NOBODY I met there was above 35CPM besides trainers and a few flatbed guys

I met a driver there at the Baltimore port... he had 6 years experience and was with RE West for 18 months and at .32 CPM

He was about to leave also.

My first trucking job was there, I am grateful sure but they paid lower than everybody.. even Werner.
    That's why I left.

11. JohnboyTrucker

Jul 25, 2014
    Clarksville, Tn
    60K isn't hard to get in a year, even with the lower cpm. It's all the unloading pay and stop pay that really adds up.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.