1. GEPPETTO425

GEPPETTO425 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2013
    I started here last April. Did not want to just drive a day route over and over, but I’d been hearing the pay was better than regular OTR. They had a sleeper in the yard and I got hired as a solo over the road driver. Pay is excellent and I have a full weekend off, no more of this 34 hr BS which I always had issues with because it’s not enough time off (for me anyway). I get home every Friday, sometimes early, then I’m off until Monday noon!
    Bad part for me is unless you break down or have bad weather, you have to drive terminal to terminal. One run is 670 miles & I’m just getting too old to drive that far. Most of mine aren’t much over 600.
    So they do have OTR sleepers for teams and solo drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hawkeye72

Hawkeye72 Light Load Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Iowa
    I really wish Fedex Freight would do something like this. As long as it was on the normal road bid I would probably take it for a while.

Is the 670 miles the farthest you get away from your home center.

BennysPennys Thanks this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    The pay is excellent, because you’re doing the miles. Give credit where it’s due, man. ;)

5. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    r and l isn't super bad,

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    They have sleepers. @jtaran06 did that for a while and I believe @IndianaMike still drives for them.

BennysPennys and jtaran06 Thank this.
  7. jtaran06

jtaran06 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2007
    western ky
    R&L is way better than any OTR trucking fleet. I’d do it hands down solo sleeper before I’d go sit in grocery warehouse and wait 7 hours to unload potatoes.

I had no problem with them I just left to be home. But If you compare them to most other LTL they are at the back of the list as far as pay and benefits. They do have a lot better equipment so it’s kinda a trade off depending on what you’re looking for.

8. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    They are hiring in Appleton Wi for a road driver and yard dog , pay looked good.
    Merry Christmas

9. pene

pene Bobtail Member

Mar 29, 2022
    I thought about throwing an application in at Knoxville, but dont see anything for linehaul just p&d and really want line no city stuff. Seems right now everyone is slowing down a little. Maybe this spring things will be better.

Cerberus XVI Thanks this.
  10. Cerberus XVI

Cerberus XVI Heavy Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Texas
    Definitely wait for spring. We have a few terminals on hiring freeze rn. Teams and P&D are easy to get into. But line haul is almost impossible depending on where you live.

11. Otr_tohru

Otr_tohru Light Load Member

Jan 15, 2022
    Do teams have a bid run when they got hire or they’ll have to gain seniority in order to get one?

BennysPennys and Cerberus XVI Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.