Radar Detectors ??????

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by frankum1998, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    So, do the speed limit.

Speed and kids your age do not mix. I have seen enough of this age group in serious accidents. Most did not have to worry about speeding anymore.

Aljay Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Aljay

Aljay Medium Load Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Fort Worth,Texas
    What he said 10 fold. Trust me slow your rear end down it will get you no place but in trouble you youngens have it way worse than we older folks did. :biggrin_2558:

4. the buzzsaw kid

the buzzsaw kid Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Greenville, WI
    i know that im not one of those who goes goes 100mph all the time i just dont want to get a ticket for somthing like 3mph over which could be a very small error

5. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I was not an angel at your age.

I got my ONLY speeding ticket at 16.

It became quickly known to me that it takes less time to actually drive under the speed limit. You do not have to meet someone that may add minutes to your journey.

6. kwforage

kwforage Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Wisconsin
    they don't work, don't waste your money

7. sebo

sebo Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2007
    camarillo,ca
    than pay attention to your speed and you wont have to worry about getting one

rich_t Thanks this.
  8. rich_t

rich_t Road Train Member

May 28, 2009
    United States
    The local cops in my area are using laser instead of radar anyway.

Take the advice of us older ones Buzz.

Do the speed limit and you won't have to worry about it.

Skunk_Truck_2590 Thanks this.
  9. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
  10. angrysam

angrysam Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Commie-sota
    Detectors are almost completely useless in this day and age because many, if not most departments and posts, are switching to laser. You're already caught by the time your detector tells you that you've been hit with laser. Not to mention speed cameras, airplanes, etc that detectors can't detect.

Governments targeting people going 3 mph over seem to either be looking for something else to charge you with or looking for cash. If they don't write you for anything other than the 3mph then plea it out in court or with a hearing officer. Chances are you'll pay court costs (hence the cash they're looking for) and keep a clean record. Might even get thrown out all together.

IMO- Keep your head up and drive ahead like they taught you in Driver's Ed. You can see most traps before you get to them. Slow down below the limit a little if you have to and can do it without obstructing the flow of traffic.

11. Coonass

Coonass "Freshy Fresh"

Sep 23, 2008
    What the other guys have told you is correct and you should listen. But knowing
    that your young and will go buy one anyway let me tell you.

If you only want to spend $100 your wasting your money as you will
    drive faster thinking it will tell when when there is a cop so you can slow down.
    Problem is the cheap ones ($100) will tell you about the cop when you right on
    em and by then it's to late he's got ya. I know I had a cheap $100 detector.

To do any good you'd have to spend around $400 and up to get one even remotely
    worth having.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.