Radar Detectors ??????

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by frankum1998, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Ghost109

Ghost109 Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2018
    Thats hogwash...and corporate america brainwashing !!!! The ONLY WAY to make big money in this game is to travel fast... dont be fooled by the hype.. I spend more fuel, sure I do, but my profit way out weighs the cost.. I average 4000 to 4500 miles a week @ .52 cpm and my boss is gisdy faced at our profits.. been doing this for 37 years now.. Do the math !!! The compa ies with governed trucks are flat just ripping you off.. they are stealing over 4000 potential income miles from every driver under the guise of FUEL SAVING.. they are raking in the money and giving you a measly 300 bucks a quarter for sacrificing your miles for thier fuel savings.. what a bunch of crap. I take home $2000 a week.. where are you at??? Do the math.. screw the government in the pocket of corporate america who has the big weenie for you... unite and fight.. take back America. I would also like to add anyone under less than 5 years full time over the road experience should be governed at 65 or less till they build up their experience I mean all of our families and friends lives our stake here safety is number one concern

AZSteele Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AZSteele

AZSteele Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Arizona
    So at the risk of "bumping" this thread, has technology changed for the good or the bad ? Is there a "best" detector that mounts and works discreetly?
    If you'd prefer to remain anonymous, feel free to PM or email me at X3STEELE at OUTLOOK.COM

I'd really appreciate any / all advice & feedback shared.

Enjoy the scenery, rubberside down....

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. calnca

calnca Medium Load Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Bella Vista, AR
    The best is without a doubt Valentine.........directional....front, back and side, number count of signals receiving.......not discreet, but sure is functional. Saved my rear end in the F350 many a time.

AZSteele Thanks this.
  6. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    I use the Waze app for that purpose.

AZSteele Thanks this.
  7. AZSteele

AZSteele Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Arizona
    Nice, had no idea.
    Apparently from what I'm reading I need stealth. I'm new to HotShoting in a 1 ton dually. I've held a CDL for decades, zero accidents. I'm decades past being a speed demon, but appreciate being able to follow the flow of traffic even if we're going 10 mph over the posted limit.
    Trying to avoid the revenue collector's. Thanks for the reply's and taking the time to share your experiences.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't know what that is. Good old radio says Mr Bear in the middle at 52 yard stick.

It wont be the first time we have a conversation on the fuel tank.

AZSteele Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs