Radio Adds for Walmart?

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by wsyrob, Jun 21, 2013.

1. BoazTrucker

BoazTrucker Light Load Member

May 3, 2013
    Northeast Alabama
    Thats what got that Tracy Morgan WM driver in trouble

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    Anyone else crunch DGstong71's numbers?

Blindmman Thanks this.
  4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Does anyone remember the movie Demolition Man?
    Funny movie, in many ways.

One of the funniest was that there were no small mom and pop places to eat anymore.
    They were all Taco Bell, at some level or another.
    Every category of 'shopping' had been taken over by a single supplier, much like Swift would like to do with trucking.

And that is just as funny as you saying that those millions of people would not have a job if it were not for Walmart.
    Sure they would.
    They would simply be working in a different place.

I'm not bashing Walmart, so don't get me wrong. I do most of my shopping at Walmart - because they are the only place that I can get my big truck in to. I LOVE them for that!
    They have good prices and fairly good stuff, except when I want a really good computer or winter clothing or something.

I don't think Walmart hurts the economy, but they don't really help it either.
    It is simply a big store chain that helps keep the status quo.

5. Blindmman

Blindmman Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2016
    I just got hired yesterday with one interview, there was no second one

6. XFM2013

XFM2013 Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Bucyrus, OH
    DGStrong 71 hasn't been seen here at TR since 2014......must be those 1700/week paychecks keeping them away......no wait, here it is:

This person is/was a USA Truck driver/ bi-weekly pay period. So if the surface information was false then the meat must be false as well. (smh).....I'd wager this person is no longer in the industry.

However, I do work for a large LTL carrier and make 95k/yr running night line haul. I went thru the process and was offered a job at the Grove City OH DC starting orientation 1/16/2017.

I'm on vacation for the remainder of this year until 1/3/2017, at which time I have committed to making a decision one way or another. It's difficult for me because my wife is a full time nursing student and won't graduate until the spring of 2017 so I'm the sole provider.

Any thoughts or recommendation would be great......I see a great opportunity but I sorta have a good one now, but I conscede that WM is tops.....thanks

Blindmman Thanks this.
  7. Blindmman

Blindmman Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2016

8. Blindmman

Blindmman Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2016
    I would get it. Chance of a lifetime

9. sdaniel

sdaniel Road Train Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Pelham N.C.
    XFM it really looks like it would be a sideways move. If moving will not clearly move you forward , why make a change.

XFM2013 Thanks this.
  10. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    95k would be hard to leave, particularly if you have a consistent weekend off schedule. I'd probably be asking a lot of questions about work days at WM, particularly if you have decent seniority at your current company. Tough decision, good luck!

XFM2013 Thanks this.
  11. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    You won't make that here your first year. I'd stay where you're at as it sounds like a decent job. This place is a good step up if you've been working otr but I wouldn't leave a 100k gig to make 80k switching trucks every other day.

XFM2013 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.