Raining on the inside!

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Lady K, Jun 17, 2013.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    ask jj. he had the same problem right before he left.

Lady K Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Just had my '12 Volvo done at the body shop, got tired of the dealer trying to 'fix' it. Anyway they told me that the Cascadias are notorius as well for leaking at the seams you're mentioning. They're not putting enough sealant on them from the factory, if you get up there and have a look you'll probably see a small hole where the seams meet. That's all it was with mine, and all you needed was a bar of soap and a brush when it rained it was that bad. They showed me and I couldn't believe the amount of water that was being let in from that hole in the seam. Hope it helps,

Lady K Thanks this.
  4. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

LOL... Yep a portable shower, for sure! Now the fun part will be accessing the seams!

5. kneegrow

kneegrow Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2009
    ardmore, ok
    Put a bead of silicon around your air horns

6. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

No air horns up top... They are under the cab somewhere... LOL! So far it's only been in SEVERE rain/wind storms where it starts to rain inside...

7. jason149

jason149 Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2013
    hi Lady k,

I have a 2012 Cascadia with the exact same problem, water leaks only when i drive in rain. I got it checked from local body shop but they cudnot find anything :-(

Are u able to find the solution? if yes, cud u please share it. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

8. Lucar

Lucar Road Train Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Texas
    Take the liner down.good luck finding the filter

9. richardj87

richardj87 Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2013
    dsm Iowa
    with the older columbias and centurys we have had some bunk windows leak and run down looked like the windshield was leaking. not sure if the same can happen on the casscadias. my fleet just finally started buying them a few months ago

10. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

It seemed when we seriously gooped the clearance lights, the leak significantly dwindled. However we were cautioned by the Freightliner body shop to beware of construction silicon caulk... It tends to make the paint peel... They suggested the same caulking material used for the windshields... We are on the hunt for some of that. Well my husband is anyways :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.