Rand McNally ELD-50 and DC 200(s) Support Thread

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Mark Kling, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Due to the many threads popping up and no one source for information due being spread across many threads, I am starting this thread. Please let's keep it a support thread and not a bashing or comparing one ELD to another ELD. This way I can concentrate on helping those with issues.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Now the Drive Line issue is known since v 4.6.1. Rand is aware of the issue and they are testing a update looking to resolve the issue.

A script in the meantime is being run at 3am EST each day in the cloud. If you connect via Wi-Fi you should see your logs corrected. Unfortunately, it may not resolve all.

Since the FMCSA does allow you to run Paper Logs while your ELD is down, please run Paper till this issue is resolved.

If you do have paper logs, call in to CS and they will be able to correct the ELD logs in the back end.

The events do show correctly. What is uploaded to the FMCSA shows correctly.

If you are part of a fleet and not the O/O, please have your Fleet person contact me. You can start a conversation with me and I will give you my E-Mail.

If you are an O/O and run either one or a few, contact me here.

Please bear with Rand during this. This was unforeseen prior to the ELD Mandate. Testing was done, but with the influx of many different trucks, electronic devices, etc, things popped up that were unknown.

The ELD-50 has a Version 1.0 and a 1.1. The 1.0 is $99 and the 1.1 is $149. The 1.1 is the one you need if you run an IOS device (apple). The Android will work with either version. The 1.1 should have a big sticker on the box stating such.

Mark

4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Pairing issues. Try disconnecting the ELD-50 from the J port. Wait 15 seconds and then plug back in. Then see if it will pair.

The ELD-50 holds a rolling 48 hours worth of data. Once paired it should pass what is in its buffer to the App. You will see a little round circle to the left of the current log. This means its uploading the buffered data.

Mark

5. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
  6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If your J port is rectangle, you will need a Spider cable that connects to connectors on the fuse panel. Do not buy the Adapter.

7. darmor35

darmor35 Bobtail Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Thank you, will try this and see if it works tomorrow. I really appreciate your help.

8. Tator 1960

Tator 1960 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Still having pairing issues. 4.6.1 compounded them. My day starts right and stays right until I go off duty or sleeper berth at that point or sometime afterwards it switches my whole day to driving until midnight. Then it is back to my last selected status. Also has two little buffering circles on dashboard page all the time.

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Pairing we will concentrate on. Post 2 on the drive line issue.

Tell me what you have done to pair it?

Unplug the ELD-50, 15 seconds, connect back to J port. Then see if your device see it? If not, turn off BT and then on again. See if it sees it and pairs.

Mark

10. Tator 1960

Tator 1960 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Done that. Even unplugged and left over night. Will not allow me to logout on TND 740. It will go buffering to 100% but loses connection.

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    When are you going to be shut down?

Mark

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.