Rand McNally EOBR / ELD / E-Logs - TND 760 and TPC 7600

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by mp4694330, May 5, 2013.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i used it the 760 model for 4 months. i have nothing to compare it since it's my first taste of eobr.

and with any luck, be my last taste of eobr.

dannythetrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    One question answered. emailing the logs worked fine, so feeling good about that ! If an officer asks, I'm ready to send them to him or her.

4. dannythetrucker

dannythetrucker Road Train Member

May 26, 2011
    everywhere, man
    Well, over one month with the TND 760. Not too impressed at this point, it tends to lose GPS signal fairly often. I especially noticed it in Montana, but seems to do it a few times a week regardless of where I'm at. I know it CAN get the signal because if I unplug the ECM an plug it back in it works again.

May seem like a small problem but it totally screws up every feature I was hoping would work. Mileage is off for IRP and IFTA recording, the fuel logging cannot calculate mileage accurately without user input, really cannot possibly work as a legit elog.

I hope there is a fix on the way because the ONLY reason I would possibly want to run elogs vs paper or computer printout logging is to cover my rear. If I can't count on it for that it's worthless to me.

Also, not impressed with the GPS. I suppose if a driver has never done anything other than GPS he probably does not even realize there are better routes available. Since I have been running without them for 25 years I find that the majority of the time I know a better route than what the RM suggests. No problem I just go the shorter way and watch the arrival time shrink when it recalculates. But again, a feature with no value to me.

Also, does not know where US-14 in MN is or US-24 through parts of OH. These roads have been open for years now, I'm sure it is a challenge to keep maps updated but wtf ?

5. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    PM me the serial number of the unit.... I will forward this up.

Thanks,
    Mark

6. Excorcist1

Excorcist1 Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Chestertown, MD
    I have 2 regular units, 510 and a 720. If you leave them plugged in for 2 days they seem to overheat. And signals drop off in deadzones just like the mighty Verizon service. I learned to expect it around the West Virginia, Western MD to Western PA/Pittsbugh area. But never expected it to do it on the NJ turnpike. Both would freeze up around exit 14. And sometimes won't allow me to route 95 south across the GW bridge NY. But yeah, you will do better if you read a map and use the GPS to get you the quicker routing

7. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    This is what I got back from RM today.

"Unit is running an older version of software". A download has been pushed to the unit. This should fix the "GPS" issue.

"not being able to use the mapping in the portal…this is a an option in the plan they select. If they are only signed up for the basic plan then they will not get access to the mapping feature. "

US-14 and US-24 have been corrected in the latest maps. As to when they are pushed to the 760/7600, no published date yet for the release.

Thanks,
    Mark

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt

I"ve been using one for a week or so..... The logs are simple enough. I don't know I guess I expected more........

It is my first e-log experance ....

Do I really need 3 gps units in the truck ?? The one kw put in, my I-phone and the rm unit.
    I need a vacation ......

9. Excorcist1

Excorcist1 Light Load Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Chestertown, MD
    LOL no. You only need 1. But as you can tell, you can't totally rely on it.

10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Does $35 a week for data sound right....? That's what my state trucking association says is the cost...

P.S. I'm sick of the unit already.... E-logs are alright but everything else is a waste.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    This is nice..........[​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.