Rand McNally Support Thread. (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    TND-540/740, TNDT 70/80/80B, and the OD7/8 Pro, since these are updated via Wi-Fi your updates are pushed this way. It would not hurt to check for updates every few days.

I know the TND-540/740 and the OD7/8 Pro had updates pushed within the last few days.

Tablets TNDT70/80/80B had a major OS Flash, Maps, Software Apps, Version pushed out about three weeks ago.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wheelman666

wheelman666 Medium Load Member

May 9, 2011
    Lake Katrine NY
    >>> Thas fine and i understand this, but one problem
    THIS WAS NOT A ROUNDABOUT - the CITY HALL and POLICE STATION Buildings, at least were in the middle with a LOT of cars parked around the building. NOT what i would consider a roundabout by any means.
    This was one street "T" ing into another street, then Left or straight onto different streets. so if this si considered a roundabout, its the damnest one I have ever seen

4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    On the map it looks like a Roundabout.. But it is not coded as a Roundabout, but upon further digging in the raw data RM finds N Canal St, does run left for a little bit. This is what is causing the Slide Left. They are looking how to address this kind of issue.

Thanks,
    Mark

5. jspyderr

jspyderr Bobtail Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Western Grove, AR
    Just upgraded from the 730 to the 740. My wife got to see it first and before we got to use it, she already liked it. It’s pretty, it looks well made, and of high quality. She thought it was going to be a lot a better. I’ve only gotten to use it for about 90 miles, finishing off my week and preparing for the next. And I gotta say, so far, so awesome! A round old school power plug (built into mount, not unit), no micro usb for charging, hooray! The magnetic mount seems very cool, quickly remove from dash, with no need to unhook wires! The screen is bright and clear. The speaker is plenty loud (a slight distortion at highest setting, but you dont need it that loud). After connecting to my phones hotspot, I checked for updates, and updated the gps while I was unloading, to cool!! The gps has all the things my other gps’s have had (and more of course) but seems like it’s light years ahead of them! I’m very impressed with this unit! A huge upgrade, that really fixed things that needed fixed and kept all the things that didn’t. I hope it lasts as long as my old 7720 (Still going) in my rv. Needless to say, I’m a happy camper today!

6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC

Be sure to call Rand CS to get a new, improved slice. Stronger magnets.

Thanks,
    Mark

jspyderr Thanks this.
  7. wheelman666

wheelman666 Medium Load Member

May 9, 2011
    Lake Katrine NY
    > How does it run Left at all?
    when you get to the end of the street, its a T intersection and you can only go Right onto the one way street.

8. Dsparil

Dsparil Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2017
    TND 720 and 530 both dead:

Both dead. Both were hot to touch on the back end. I heard there is a return policy. My 720 was bought new back in 2013 and the 530 bought used to replace it for fear it would take forever to get fixed. Can I still return them for exchanges? Neither will charge up. Bought the 530 to replace the 720 but it went roasty toasty too yesterday. Neither will charge. the Light turns on red but never goes green and I can never them them on. I've hit reset on both several times. No dice.

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Part of the street going left is also called N. Canal St... so between the maps and the turn by turn directions they are looking at this.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    No return policy. There is a one year warranty, but if bought in 2013, then out of the one year warranty. Don't know when you bought the 530.

What do you have charging the units? DC? Rand Cord?

Thanks,
    Mark

11. Dsparil

Dsparil Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.