Rand McNally Support Thread. (Part 3)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Dec 5, 2017.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

On my RM 740 I go into the Truck Info screen and select my HazMat category and set my weight.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jimjam38

jimjam38 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2011
    chickasha, oklahoma
    I don't haul hazmat but I have my max weight set up at 80 and it allowed me to leave it at always empty. I rely on signage mostly anyway and utilize the GPS to go somewhere if I'm unfamiliar.

tscottme Thanks this.
  4. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    @Mark Kling What can you tell us about the newest 550/750's coming out? Thinking about updating my 720, but I still don't trust those mag mounts to much. I assume it's faster of course, but how's the "2.0" Navigation? Am I also to assume that the weather/traffic overlays are subscriptions?

Thank you

5. Dieselboss

Dieselboss Technology Contributor

Feb 19, 2009
    DieselBoss.com
    Mark is no longer with Rand.

Nukem Thanks this.
  6. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Well thank you...

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  7. skulldrinker

skulldrinker Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2012
    What is that thin orange line that goes from left to right under the top header? the same line is also in the small box in the top left corner. It moves across the screen during the trip. Also what's up witht he weather overlays? soon as I take off the overlays disappear and can't bring up any weather until i stop and restart itI have good cell reception in Chicagoland.

I have the OverDryve 8 Pro.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  8. skulldrinker

skulldrinker Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I had this problem with my TND80. i used to sit the unit low in the cab on the cup holders. When I brought it up onto the dash the problem seemed to go away. Maybe try to give the unit clear view of the outside if you're not already.

9. Gaboonviper96

Gaboonviper96 Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2020
    I have a OverDryve 8 Pro and a Garmin 770.the Garmin is usually 1 hour shorter on my trips the the RM is. Is there a way to fix this on the RM. I understand they use different routing software but if both have the same point A to point B why is the RM taking l

10. train man

train man Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Have you adjusted the eta setting on the RM?

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  11. Gaboonviper96

Gaboonviper96 Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2020
    Thank you!! I never knew you could. Set up a trip to Oelwein, Iowa it was 17 hours. Changed the eta to less time now it's 15 hrs 14 minutes. Made a huge difference. Any other tips you have for RM?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.