Range inhibit light

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Serviceman1, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Serviceman1

Serviceman1 Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Has anyone ever had a range inhibit issue with a 2011 ce with a maxxforce 7 and an allison trans .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mo trucking

Mo trucking Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2018
    Having same issue. Did you find a solution?

4. Mo trucking

Mo trucking Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2018
    Freightliner m2 2013. Range inhibit light comes on when driving. Then stop engine light comes on. Both go off after pulling up. Then back on after a few miles back driving

5. Regen Again?

Regen Again? Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    I take it your Allison has a push button shift selector?

The first step is to check your transmission fluid level and confirm that it's within operating range. If it is, the second step is to pull codes when the inhibit lamp shows. Set the parking brake and simultaneously push both the up and down arrows on the PBSS until you access the DTC mode. The display on the PBSS will flash active codes first, followed by inactive codes in a sequence like this:

d1 P 07 16

With a lever SS, you just press the Diagnostics button a number of times to reach that mode.

Please post the codes.

6. K & T

K & T Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2020
    First let me say thank you to everyone who puts tips and tricks on here. It has saved me!

I was dealing with range inhibit, check engine, regen and flashy breakdown light the past few days on my 2012 freightliner m2. Hills especially made me shut down.

Come to find out i had a coolant issue! Nuts huh?

7. Regen Again?

Regen Again? Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Your transmission was most likely overheating.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.