Rate per Mile for Owner Operator

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by St Regis, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noluck

noluck Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2011
    greenville,sc
    1.38 is close to break even cost. More or less, but they need a profit too. That is also based roughly on a 125,000 miles per year. The lower the miles the high the per mile operating cost

spyder7723 and rollin coal Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. noluck

noluck Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2011
    greenville,sc
    Two dollars per mile would not be so bad if it was not local. Local work eats up a clock and in some ways more work than otr is.

4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Guys like OP expect trucks to run at cost. They're not concerned about empty miles but honestly that isn't really their problem anyway. If a carrier gives away their service for free that's on them. The real arrogance on display here is someone who needs equipment and thinks they can name a price it ought to cost them... ....well hey, then go load it up on your trucks for cost..... I've had 40 brokers call me this morning all offering me a rate.... ....amazing they called me and told me what they would pay me. When obviously there is some demand there and they still think they can do that. That's arrogance.

Knucklehead, SL3406, Cat sdp and 2 others Thank this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    This was exactly my first thought. All of us or replaceable. My customers can replace me easy. And i can replace them. The good ones will be harder to replace than the cheap ones. That goes for both, trucks and customers.

6. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    First question: Go ahead, ship your freight with the fly-by-night operation for the price you want. Their quality of customer service will make you come begging for drivers who can do the work you want, but you'll never find it for the price you want.

Second question: You have no idea how important truckers are to the North American economy. Does your business ship products full time? Or is this just a temporary venture for you? Because within a week, hospitals, grocery stores and pretty much every place for people to buy crap will be shut down without products to sell. This is just reality, and your lack of respect for the trucker is why so many businesses these days are having trouble getting good, reliable service.

jamespmack Thanks this.
  7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Eh..I'm not a big "the country stops if we stop" guy. If garbage men stop every city has a pandemic disease break out within a week. We are just one of hundreds of professions vital to the country. Could we bring the county to its knees in a few days? Absolutely. But so could two hundred others.

jamespmack Thanks this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Sir, you NEED your own trucks just to contain the amount of chutzpah you've displayed in this post alone.

In one sentence, you give the appearance of backpeddling while reiterating the very same insult in the next. Well, not on my watch you're not.

Forget the backpeddling. You've stepped in it clear up to your waistline, and you can wipe it off on your way out of here while not letting the door hit you in the butt. You don't get to come into OUR house and let fly with a bunch of sour grapes just because our owner ops refuse to work for peanuts and table scraps.

Goodbye.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.