Rates are low so sometimes you just have to tell the agent NO

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by JerseyDon18, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Twin Sticks

Twin Sticks Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2019
    I have my own authority and have all my equipment paid off (16 389 and 14 utl. dry van). My current operating costs are under .90mp. We have a few dedicated @ 2.75 & up and use the Load boards for backhauls. We don't run for under 1.75 on backhauls and 90% of the time have no problem getting them from the solid brokers we use. Having a solid relationship with brokers has a lot to do with a successful business. A real problem with the spot market is sub-brokers out fishing with another brokers freight for stranded O/O trying to get backhauls by pushing cheap freight below spot prices. This is where the government needs to step in controlling the brokers not allowing sub-brokers.

D.Tibbitt, 86scotty, 6wheeler and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. overpass792

overpass792 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2020
    The government that governs best, governs least. The free market is the best regulator.

4. overpass792

overpass792 Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2020
    It is already illegal to double-broker a load. The federal legislation is nicknamed MAP-21. MAP-21 has provisions outlawing double-brokering. A truck company with a brokerage house under one roof MUST operate the two as totally separate legal entities.

Rideandrepair and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  5. Twin Sticks

Jul 23, 2019
    Check the load boards you will see a lot of doubles subbing the same loads. Trucking CO with a brokerage house? Mega's like JB Hunt , Knight/swift and Schneider throwing all it's loads they can't take and it's trash loads on its load boards isn't happening ????

6wheeler and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    But that .90cpm load covers the fuel to get me to my next load!!! :laughing-guffaw:

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  7. Twin Sticks

Jul 23, 2019
    LOL there goes the neighborhood:p

86scotty and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  8. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    It’s only illegal if second broker agreed not to double broker the load. It’s legal for a broker “help” another broker, if they agree to it. They do it all the time in agreement. The Mega’s do it amongst themselves, brokering freight back and forth, or “ Trading Lanes”.

Twin Sticks Thanks this.
  9. Twin Sticks

Jul 23, 2019
    Exactly what I was sayings same load three different broker fishing for the lowest bidder stuck in a low paying area willing to take the load less than cost.:banghead:

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Landstar Agent tried that with Me, Load out of Florida. The Idiot had Me call the original Broker, who was furious, said he was told Landstar Truck only. So We cut Landstar out of the deal, Lol.

11. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Enjoy all that freemaket time spent waiting to get loaded or unloaded for free. Yea it is a freemarket, because your not getting paid for it

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.