RDTC starting school January 28th

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by goblue, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    We have our own sections of the yard. Trucks are maintained pretty good. Mines new. Got it with 1700 miles on it. As far as the yard goes in St. Paul there might be a little spill over near the lines, but the tractors are separated. As far as plugs go, someone else might be able to answer better. I haven't had a problem yet, but I do understand its packed on holidays like Christmas.

rangerroy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rangerroy

rangerroy Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2008
    st paul,mn
    do you get to keep the same truck when you go home for hometime or will someone take it while you are home,in other words do you have to keep your stuff in a duffle bag when you stop for a couple days in case they want your truck.I'm interested in flatbed do you need the twic and hazmat for driving and also your passport.Man sorry for loading you up with all the questions thanks tho.

4. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Unless you are on a home time fleet, I.E. 7/7, 14/7 the truck is yours. You'd only lose it if for some reason you gone on extended leave, which for Roehl is more than 7 days. I don't have twic or hazmat. I drive van, so twic not really necessary. I personally feel there is not enough incentive to get hazmat, unless working for a company that mainly does it. Too much hassle and cost to justify the aggravation. But that is my opinion, plenty of other drivers on this forum swear you just must have it.

5. rangerroy

rangerroy Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2008
    st paul,mn
    ok cool. The website isn't exactly bigtime informative kinda vague on pay and small details.

6. technoroom

technoroom Heavy Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    If you run flatbed they ask that you obtain a TWIC within your first six months of employment. They also "strongly encourage" you to have either a passport, enhanced driver's license, or equivalent that allows you to travel into Canada and back. If you cannot travel into Canada it will interfere with the types of loads you're able to be dispatched. Similar logic on the TWIC. I also got the CDL endorsement and TSA screening for hazmat just because you never know when it might come in handy. The more types of credentials like this that you possess, the greater the possibilities of what kinds of loads you can haul.

7. rangerroy

rangerroy Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2008
    st paul,mn
    i ment the roehl website sorry.

8. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Always interesting talking to new CDL holders and how they went out and got every endorsement possible, then talk to them 10 years later. Didn't ever use them. Don't know how many drivers I talked to thar said they dropped hazmat because it wasn't worth it. Not saying its bad or good. My old state it cost $30 for each endorsement to get, then when you renewed your license it was like $60 for base license, and $30 for each emdorsement. Sorry not paying that for something I don't use. I have no interest at all in hauling dbls/triples so why bother. Tanker though almost goes together with hazmat.

These are my opinions, and to be used for information purposes only.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  9. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Oh, I do have a passport, but it wasn't because of Roehl. I have been sent to Canada a couple times. I'd rather not go though.

10. technoroom

technoroom Heavy Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    In MN at least, endorsements are no add'l charge.

11. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    That's cool. Would have had to take the extra tests when I switched over though. Since I didn't have any extra endorsements I only had to do same test as a car. The written one on the computer at DMV.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.