RDTC starting school January 28th

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by goblue, Jan 14, 2013.

1. updem

updem Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Gwinn, MI
    Your classes thread was a big factor in my deciding to go with Roehl, I'll be in marshfield a week from monday to start my journey. Hey, maybe I get lucky and end up with goblue as my phase II trainer.

goblue and technoroom Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    I have a huge wait list.....lol. congrats on getting out to Marshfield..dress warm.

Bayle Thanks this.
  4. Bayle

Bayle Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2007
    Cottage Grove, MN
    Think I need a refresher.

5. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    when u come back to van in a few months... u hauled curtain side yet?

6. technoroom

technoroom Heavy Load Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Once you've seen the light with flatbed, you never go back to the dark side. When I pull a curtainside it just reminds me of why I wouldn't want to pull a van.

7. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    Its been a year now for our class out of RDTC. Best I can update it is the four of our original six that made it out on the road in Roehl trucks are all doing well. I ran into Irish just a week ago at the Jay in Wytheville and he is doing well with his set up, Irish doesn't do much on the forum here but I call him once a month or so. Ran into OSU a month or so ago down by pontoon beach. He's doing good, got himself a dedicated route. Then Techno, he's hanging it up just this week for a sabbatical, prolly gonna invent something or start the next facebook/twitter..who knows. Maybe he'll be back in a while.

I'm a trainer now, just ran a driver through on a refresher. I don't know all the details but I understand that the Wisconsin CDL test has changed a little bit. From what I could gather from him the final road test with the state tester can run on a different route than that same old route through town in Marshfield. It also seems that the backing requirements have also changed some and may include an offset and or 90 degree back. Don't hold me to that, just what I heard through the vine. Dale and Kevin are also still a team at RDTC which is cool.

So for any of your prospective Roehl drivers out there still reading this thread thats pretty much a year in a nutshell. Roehl is for real, people stick around, training works, and if you make it to the road you can pretty much find your own way to making it work best for your own situation. Congrats to my colleagues OSU, Techno, and Irish on your accomplishments and I wish you all continued success in your endeavors.

The OSU and technoroom Thank this.
  8. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Kim called me Friday and told me there are changes to the program she needs to tell me about. I guess it is no longer RDTC and is now Wisconsin Drivers Training Center? Just curious what other changes to the program have been made.

9. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    I heard something about that too. I wouldn't get too concerned about it. Marshfield in winter won't change much...still waaaayyy too cold. The object of the CDL school is to get that Commercial endorsement on your drivers license. One reason, in my opinion, that I obtained it through Roehl, is that it gave me a few weeks to get adjusted to the atmosphere/environment at the company before being an actual employee.

10. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    She sent me a brochure for the new school. Everything seemed to be the same as when it was RDTC ( tuition, up front cost, etc.) She did tell me earlier that they start processing paperwork and verifying things about 3 months before class which I am hoping to start May 5. I did turn in GoBlue and TheOSU for driver referrals.

The OSU Thanks this.
  11. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    Thanks for the referral, it costs you nothing as Roehl must factor that in, they do everything else. As I've said before about Roehl is that they are well organized and everything is done with a purpose and is factored. Kim is a good recruiter, she was mine and is still there, that alone tells you something. haha you're in buckeye land, OSU prolly deserves yours and he's a great guy. The good news is that come may 5 marshfield will be a lot nicer on the climate scale.

what you read here powerstroke is all straight facts and Roehl is a good company to work for. Training goes quick and when you get out with your trainer for that step, it too goes quick. 9-14 days is typical and then whalla you're in your own truck solo!

The OSU and rangerroy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.