RE Garrison Cullman Alabama

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by mdmgolfin, Dec 5, 2022.

1. mdmgolfin

mdmgolfin Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Gray Georgia
    I started out here the last week of October. Orientation was two days and I decided to drive from my home from Georgia since I was relatively close to them. They have two terminals the main one in cullman Alabama and the other in dade city Florida along with several drop yards as well. My dispatcher is in dade city so I’m considered apart of the “Florida fleet”. I have a 2023 freightliner cascadia that I picked out in orientation. On the first day of orientation if you are leasing or going company they will give you a list of trucks available and it’s basically first come first serve. You stay at the best western which is a few miles down from the terminal. You bring your stuff to the terminal and after you get your truck on the first day you stay in the truck that night to get settled in to it and move in so to speak. My first full week I ran 3100 miles and have been averaging close to 2800 a week since I started. Company drivers are at .60 cents a mile. Detention is $20 an hour after 3 hours. Only thing I wish was different the process for detention. There seems to be a lot of hoops to jump through in order to get detention. The trucks all have apu’s and aftermarket fridges in them. They also have a 24 inch flat screen tv and Wi-Fi in the truck thats easy to hook up. Trucks go 65 on pedal 70 on cruise and are all freightliners if I hadn’t mentioned that yet. If you guys have any questions about being a company driver let me know. Lease I’ll do my best to answer thought I may not have the right information for you. Just starting this thread I should of started a while back all thanks to my friend @bryan21384 lol. I’m under a load I took from the yard in cullman and made a drop outside of Memphis. Then my final is in Atlanta. I’ll keep posted as I go along

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. motocross25

motocross25 Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Overland Park, KS
    Subscribed! I always liked your postings in the Climate thread, I been waiting for this one. Best of luck!

4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I'm subscribed too!!!! Gotta get on the Garrison Track.......put that Milo's Tea down mdm lol

Lumper Humper, 57 model and mdmgolfin Thank this.
  5. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Pretty much all reefer--or some dry van, as well?

--Lual

6. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Been interested in them for a while, see them all over. Heard mixed reviews but that's anywhere, good luck!

7. mdmgolfin

Feb 19, 2018
    Gray Georgia
    All reefer. Haven’t pulled a dry load yet

Lumper Humper and 57 model Thank this.
  8. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Now THAT'S a line if I ever heard one!!!

You live in the truck that night so they won't have to pay another $100 for your hotel room.

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Good luck to ya!

10. mdmgolfin

Feb 19, 2018
    Gray Georgia
    So far still good. Currently working my way down to pompano beach Florida for marten brower for Friday morning. I’ll get most of the way down there tomorrow and go from there.

Lumper Humper, 57 model and bryan21384 Thank this.
  11. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.