RE Garrison Cullman Alabama

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by mdmgolfin, Dec 5, 2022.

1. flatlined

flatlined Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2018
    I’ve personally never worked for a company that brings me in that frequently. I’ve heard of others who check trucks and trailers in inspection lanes every time you come in the yard, but I’ve never experienced having to being inspected every month or two. I bet that helps keep you running a lot better though. It’s probably why my trailers have frequently been busted at my other companies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Yea they really stay on top of the maintenance here. Only problem we have here is driver's sometimes dropping trailers that need something fixed but not letting anyone know about it. Or they just don't do a proper inspection an just drag em around no matter what issues they might have. Or they know there's a problem but have a me 1st attitude an just purposely leave it for the next guy to deal with it.

4. flatlined

flatlined Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2018
    I run into that pretty much everywhere I’ve worked. I may not fix a trailer while I’m under it (if it’s not a safety/violation concern) but I let breakdown know about the trailer. Garrison sounds good, but I don’t know if I want to commit to the regional runs. I just get tired of it.

Lumper Humper and bryan21384 Thank this.
  5. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I'm sure they have otr to offer you. Call an ask.
    Check into dynamic transit and holland enterprises. Both have long average lengths of hauls. Danny Herman is another one where ya can stretch your legs quite a bit.

Lumper Humper and bryan21384 Thank this.
  6. mdmgolfin

mdmgolfin Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Gray Georgia
    Delivered in Memphis this morning went smoothly besides playing hide and seek with the right building I was unloaded in 30 minutes. My reload was all the way back in eastern alabama a pilgrims pride load going to Costco in west palm Beach. Was supposed to be a drop and hook but when I got there the load wasn’t ready yet. All in all took about 3 hours. Pretty decent for a chicken plant. Camped out in tallapoosa Georgia for the night. May need to push delivery out a little. Loads due tomorrow morning around 330 am. This time of year they can send me to Florida as much as they like :D.

7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Its about to be a blizzard up in the northern plains....I'm about to do a snow dance for ya, then you can see snow on the palm trees down there lol

8. Kshaw0960

Kshaw0960 Road Train Member

Jun 17, 2018
    I run a company in Texas and rented a car to Cullman AL and bought trucks from RE Garrison. I thought they were nice, gave me a ride from returning the rental car, and the trucks were solid and well equipped. Fridge, inverter, apu, even a psi turbo boost gauge. It was a KW T680.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    Lumper Humper, ducnut and mdmgolfin Thank this.
  9. mdmgolfin

Feb 19, 2018
    Gray Georgia
    Made it to my Costco delivery on time yesterday had to do the marvelous 3-7 split. Now my reload on the other hand not so marvelous. Was supposed to be a drop and hook in plant city which apparently turned into a live load cause they are over 12 hours behind. The load is going up to Henderson NC for this afternoon my reaction to that is this :laughing-guffaw:

10. mdmgolfin

Feb 19, 2018
    Gray Georgia
    Oh and because of the fact it turned into a live load they sent another driver to pick it up cause I was still out of hours and so another driver was getting to load it and drop it in our dade city yard and I’ll take it from there. No word yet on the load so back to sleep I go

11. mdmgolfin

Feb 19, 2018
    Gray Georgia
    Unload in Henderson went well now I’m under a pilgrims pride load that picked up in sanford NC which is basically middle of ####### no where. Got a drop in aurora Colorado Tuesday morning at Costco then the final is at the Costco in Tracy California. I won’t be taking it past aurora though.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.