RE: New york HUT

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Powell-Peralta, May 24, 2010.

1. Powell-Peralta

Powell-Peralta Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Can you tell me about the whole New York HUT sticker etc.? What's the deal on that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 359kool

359kool Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2009
    alabama
    Can you say "fuel tax" driver..

It's a bunch of BS like Kentucky and these other states that think they're special instead of just joining IFTA..

Dharok Thanks this.
  4. truckerx1

truckerx1 Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Actually its a heavy use tax. You don't have to have the sticker anymore though.

5. Powell-Peralta

Jul 17, 2007
    YOu don't have to have the sticker, but you still have to have the permit?

Here's another dumb question----do you have to have the actual IFTA sticker either? i noticed i don't have either on my assigned truck.

6. Poconorob

Poconorob Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Poconos, PA
    To be clear......yes you still need to be nyHUT registered and have the permit, but you wont have the HUT sticker on your front bumper anymore. You definately have to have the IFTA decal on both sides.

7. Powell-Peralta

Jul 17, 2007
    Can i get a written confirmation of this---as in links?

i went to nydot site and couldn't find anything.

8. dieselbear

dieselbear Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008

Let me see what I can dig up, but they are right. You need IFTA decals on both sides. NY HUT, I have no idea, I know I don't see them on the front bumpers anymore like I did a few years back.

9. rbht

rbht Heavy Load Member

Jan 23, 2010
    CT,NH
    The hut tax is based on your weight you either file loaded or unloaded and then they tax you on the miles you ran at the weight you file under, i file unloaded and the rate is $.0462 a mile and thruway miles are exempt, you no longer need a sticker but you do neeed to file and get the permit for the truck and carry it in the cab.

10. LBZ

LBZ Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Road to Nowhere
    Can you file directly with the state of NY to get this or do you have to go through a permit service? Was on the NY site last night (OSCAR), but it seemed like you needed to already be registered to use it & you need a NY State tax number?

Why can't these idiots just jack the IFTA rate to what they want to make? Anyway, what I found on OSCAR.

http://www.tax.state.ny.us/e-services/oscar/pginfofaqs.htm#oscar5

What is required to use OSCAR?
    • You must be currently registered in New York for IRP, IFTA, HUT or DOT
    • You must have a USDOT number
    • You must have a New York State Taxpayer Identification Number
    I have NY on my IRP, IFTA & US DOT number, but do not have the state tax id. Just looking for the easiest & hopefully cheapest way to get this set up.

11. FireTrucker

FireTrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    To Obtain and Get NYHUT Credentials (HUT and/or AFC Certificate) you need to do some steps:
    -1st Step: Fill up this Form TMT-39 (Fill-in) (make sure you put your e-mail and if you can't put your USDOT jast print it and writte USDOT by your hand) and Fax it to 518-435-8538. You can get it from
    http://www.tax.ny.gov/forms/highway_use_fuel_use_tax.htm as well as instruction;
    -2nd Step:
    After couple days you'll receive e-mail from NY, to tell you if you are approved or not. If you approved go to www.oscar.state.ny.us and click "Enroll Now" (right bottom corner). Enter your USDOT and EIN (Company Tax ID Number) and click "Submit". It won't work if you didn't follow 1st steps. Then fill up all fields and click "Submit".
    -3th Step: Then you'll receive e-mail from NY (again) with your new password. Go to www.oscar.state.ny.us and enter all information (USDOT#, NYS Tax-ID# it's your EIN, Password) into Log In Box (left top corner), then click "Submit" button
    -4th Step: Here you go, now you can add your track, pay and print your NYHUT Credentials.

I know they make worst enrollment without any explanation how to obtain NYHUT.
    But know you can do it yourself without paying anyone:biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.