Ready, Set,,,,Here I go.....

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by SheepDog, May 20, 2014.

1. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Wellllllll,

since I'm already semi retired, and the fishing sucks right now, guess I'll follow along, AGAIN !

Best of luck on your latest chapter. I think you may have finally found what you're looking for.

Thousands of those old 9670's, all over the world, still hauling freight.

Carry-on...........

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. haycarter

haycarter Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Australia

One saving grace, though .Is being a COE it's an extremely easy job to change a Clutch out.Any self respecting Mechanic should do It in a shift.. (provided the Flywheel doesn't need machining)...

SheepDog Thanks this.
  4. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    They're telling me that the only good rubber on the truck is the steer tires...... I am having them do the clutch and than getting it shipped to MI so I can do the other stuff. I don't have any big tools, or garage. I do have a lawn and people that do have the tool's though..lol

5. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI

They said if the flywheel needs replaced, that is another $1500.00 Clutch will cost up to $2500.00 I am not in a position to complain too much.

6. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Spent some time last weekend looking up parts and found most of what I need for a decent price. Once International of Peoria gets the clutch done, PM done and front drive axle diff seal replaced, I need to find someone to transport my COE from there to MI. Also checked on Ins. And holy sheet!

RERM Thanks this.
  7. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    After thinking about it with my son, I have come to the conclusion that I can do the repairs on my truck myself, just need to buy a few tools is all...

Jarhed1964 and Al. Roper Thank this.
  8. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Okay, the Clutch is done and bill is paid. If only some one would respond to my add on UShip...

scythe08 Thanks this.
  9. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I miss and loved my 2012 Coronado Glider but, they fall under the rule coming out Dec 17th of this year so, I will stick to my 1984 COE Too bad though, I loved that truck...

10. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Going to cost me right at $6,000.00 to get the old boy on the road, minus all the legal stuff. I am getting all the bud wheels changed over to hub/pilot and I just paid $450 for 4 aluminum wheels with good used tires on them. Still need 4 more (22.5) for the rear and 2 for the steer's. The guy that sold me the wheel's/tire's also has a Fontaine Riser, no fifth wheel, that I can buy. Getting the brakes, drums, hubs, slack adjusters, chambers, shocks and airbags all replaced. Also have to fix a fuel leak, and replace the exhaust stack. After all that is done, than weld up a crack in the frame, clean all the rust off and paint, before I can put the fifth wheel back on. I am hoping to have this beast on the road by end of Sept, or sooner. I have a few Carrier's already that are willing to except the old boy but still looking. The one I really like does not pay worth a darn. $.90 pm plus FSC What the heck are people thinking? Even though I won't have a truck/trailer payment, I still need to act as though I do, building up my maintenance fund. Insurance in MI is not cheap at all and IFTA can be, if I stay in MI Tag's are not bad, $2K for the year, for up to 80K lbs

kimbosa and Wickedfire77 Thank this.
  11. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Good luck in your search for the right fit! Maybe a few of us should ban together and start our own carrier.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.