Real cost of Roehl Training

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by Phantom Driver, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Phantom Driver

Phantom Driver Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Central Virginia
    Well the third week at RDTC is in the bag....for the most part...tomorrow is the last day and will be paperwork to make our employment "official" with Roehl. We will probably get cut loose at lunch to head down to Gary for securement training. We were told it would probably be at least a week after we get home before we get to go with a trainer. Wednesday we went to Wisconsin DOT and got our CDL's issued...they give you a paper temporary. We should be able to transfer to our home states without even getting the plastic card license. Seems like a waste of $74.00 to get a license that I will be transferring to Virginia in 4 or 5 days.....never the less...tack on another $75.00 for that license.

On a good note I did not know this but we were informed today that we are getting some reimbursement for travel expenses. This is based on your mileage you traveled to come to RDTC. I got over $400 back, so that covered the cost of the hotel room at least, however one of the guys that was in-state only got $41.00 so like I said it is based on your mileage.

This has been a great training experience and I can honestly say I look forward to working for this company!

Treefork Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lantern

Lantern Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    Good job!! You may have saw me zipping around marshfield day or so ago. I had picked up a tall flatbed load that was tarped like poop. More then likely I was going alittle faster then what they say the yard speed limit is. Wasn't trying to speed couldn't find my darn trailer! Didnt even know Marshfield had a barn for tarped loads until that day!

Phantom Driver Thanks this.
  4. Phantom Driver

Aug 15, 2012
    Central Virginia
    They kept us on the road out of town most of this week so I cant say I can recall seeing you are a flat with a wreck of a tarp job. Ill start posting on the check in thread once I get my truck, should be around the first of the month. I hope that load worked out for you.

5. Lantern

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    Ah heck that load is done and on the next I am. Ain't nothin quite like truckin'.

6. Zangief

Zangief Medium Load Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Jags Fan in Viking Country
    Congratulations on getting through the training Phantom. Just take it slowly at first, but work hard and apply what you learned and you will do great. Best of luck out here on the road and stay safe!

Phantom Driver Thanks this.
  7. Phantom Driver

Aug 15, 2012
    Central Virginia
    Thanks! I've been sitting at home since Tuesday waiting for a trainer. They told us it would be about a week due they had 19 graduate at the same time from various phases. Hopefully I will hear something tomorrow or Tuesday...but I'm enjoying the time with my wife after being gone for three weeks!

8. Nottoway

Nottoway Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Southeast Virginia
    I hope to find out tomorrow if I'll be able to get my Phase 1 training in Ellenwood.

9. Lantern

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    I'm in Ellenwood right now :)

Truthfully though............... I HOPE YOU GET IT! Frank and George (If that is who you get) are great.

10. Nottoway

Nottoway Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Southeast Virginia
    Hey thanks Lantern! (Just replied to you under another thread.)

11. Lantern

Mar 8, 2011
    Deliverin Soda
    Ah ok, sorry was hanging out in the drivers lounge. Several drivers upset about not being able to watch Sunday night football. Me... Well I could care less since I am tired hahaha

Nottoway Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.