Real Teaming Stories/And or Training

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by FearTheCorn, Apr 10, 2021.

1. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    I was watching a YouTube video of a trainer yesterday of a company that I'm potentially interested in. Neither were wearing masks.

Are companies requiring masks or is it up to the student/trainer?

I got lucky with my trainer. He was a good guy and is in fact probably the only reason that I survived my first 6 months of trucking solo. Even when I got off his truck I could call him anytime when I had questions or ran into trouble. And I did. More often then I should have.

He is probably one of the rare ones who should be a trainer. He genuinely liked teaching and being around people. If he wasn't in trucking I think he would've turned out to be a teacher or something (he's been in trucking since he was young).

On a side note though, I did tell him that trainers like him should be getting paid way more than what they get paid. He was making good money, but if you're a trainer and train at least 6 students per year (being that the student is on the truck at absolute minimum of 4 weeks), you should be making six figures. He was around 75k gross for the year I think he said. Which is good for OTR dry van/reefer, don't get me wrong. But it should be more.

And the sad thing is 75k is probably on the higher end of the OTR sector compared to what MEGA companies pay their trainers.

Magoo1968 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    It's company policy and this guy is a good trainer and a company booster..me not so much, but the job starts at 100K up to 130K so I can see being uncomfortable for a month or two.
    We only take guys w at least 3 yrs exp. so training is just operations of our business

BeHereNow97 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.