Reality check, please. Is this a realistic expectation?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by barstowcowboy, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Burrtec Waste Industries, Inc. is a well established refuse and recycling collection company serving over fifteen municipalities throughout Southern California and employing over 1200 full time employees. Burrtec continues to grow through co. acquisitions and successful bid proposals. Burrtec is a family owned company that firmly believes the key element to our success is knowing how important each employee is in the organization.

We have the following position at our Victorville hauling division:

Commercial Refuse/Recycle Driver

Driver will collect material from containers and dumps into truck, on a designated route, must be available to work weekends.
    Must have a valid Class “A” or “B” California Commercial Driver’s License. This position requires the review of motor vehicle records (MVRs) prior to or during consideration of application as well as ongoing review through California’s Electronic Pull Notice (EPN) Program.
    [​IMG]

4. barstowcowboy

barstowcowboy Bobtail Member

Jun 28, 2019
    I'd like to stay on the stagecoach, I guess we'll see, but in the meantime I'm trying to get ahead of the mob of newly unemployed people looking for new careers. The company I work for basically exists because old people want to hop in a bus and go look at the Grand Canyon or Moab, or because 12th graders want to have senior night at Disneyland, and there hasn't been a lot of that going on lately, and the company itself can't take too much more of this. BUT, even if we manage to make it through this it might not be a bad idea to broaden my skills...

201 and Kyle G. Thank this.
  5. barstowcowboy

Jun 28, 2019
    Actually yeah, that's another option I've been looking into. Transit is rough, lots of the drivers I work with now came over to driving coaches because they were tired of getting spit on or assaulted by street urchins, but having worked corrections getting spit on or assaulted would just make me feel nostalgic for my 20's...

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  6. barstowcowboy

Jun 28, 2019
    I read about your favorite type of trucking, and that would be EXACTLY the kind of thing I'd want to transition into, or maybe even the type of thing I could get into for starters if I got lucky.

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  7. barstowcowboy

Jun 28, 2019
    Well, I hate to have to admit this in an open forum, but I'm one of the EEEVILLLLL kinds of prison guards...I work for a for profit company that provides services to local, state and federal agencies, aka a private prison. I'm in the union and have made pretty good money doing it since 2001, so what's been widely publicized as a dead end job that exploits workers isn't ALL true.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2020
    Reason for edit: political
  8. barstowcowboy

Jun 28, 2019
    Thanks for the straightforward reply. I'm in AZ too, Mesa.

Xray4 Thanks this.
  9. barstowcowboy

Jun 28, 2019
    No, the Barstow Cowboy thing was something I picked up as a kid. I lived in San Bernardino growing up and my aunt lived in Barstow. When I'd get angry I'd threaten my parents that I was going to run away and ride my dog up to Barstow to live with Aunt Betty. Barstow Cowboy was born...

RockinChair and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. barstowcowboy

Jun 28, 2019
    Yeah, that's one of the ads I saw somewhere, I think it was on indeed. The only problem is I'm not 23, and the ad says you have to be 23. I keeeed, I keeeed.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.