Really Good Podcast(s):

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Russian Rabbit, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    THIS is a really good episode:

Dennixx Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DieselDrivinDaddy

DieselDrivinDaddy Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Poconos, PA
    Cocaine and Rhinestones is a good one if you’re into music but tired of listening to it.

D.Tibbitt and Slim51 Thank this.
  4. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I'm finding that 'I'm starting to not like podcasts. I start talking back to the radio, then realize that there's no one I can actually call and talk back too, at least once my phone has almost gone out the window. Don't recall what it was, something Bill Burr said that set me off. I've had to avoid all the political podcasts, that's just down right dangerous.

But, on occasion, I do listen to Swingtime with Holly and Michael (if you're into that lifestyle, but they haven't been doing their podcasts as much as they used to.
    Also, on occasion I listen to Sex with Dr. Jess.

D.Tibbitt and Rugerfan Thank this.
  5. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    tscottme and danny23tx Thank this.
  6. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    Dennixx Thanks this.
  7. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    I got your True Crime right here...

My Favorite Murder

Honestly, the wife has gotten me addicted to this one, and I do not do podcasts!

D.Tibbitt and Dennixx Thank this.
  8. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Yup that was entertaining. But it w ### really dragged out. Could have passed same info along in 6 minutes. Plus anyone who went thru 9th grade, should have already known all that.

But podcasts??? So there actually just TV shows on repeat? How do you listen yo that going down the road? I thought they were radio shows, but in the internet?

9. danny23tx

danny23tx Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2016
    Austin,Tx
    So for YouTube podcast I have a Premium membership that allows me to download whatever podcast on YouTube I can find and listen to the Audio when the screen is off . I do my best not to touch my phone while driving but it happens.

10. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

To listen to podcasts and truck you just need a podcast app on your smartphone and a data plan. I like Stitcher because it's easy to navigate and they convert podcasts to data rates that are friendly for people without an real unlimited data plan. One podcast I used to listen to is Airline Pilot Guy. The episodes can be 1-2 hours long, but for some reason he posts episodes that are higher quality than CD audio. Some of his episodes are hundreds of MB. This is for a talking shows of a couple of people talking about various aviation topics. The same episode on Stitcher might be 20-30 MB. Other podcast apps just show you exactly what was posted and you have to police your own data limits.

Think of podcasts like cable TV, there is more to listen/watch, than you can ever imagine, but everything is just waiting for you to his start. Radio shows have times they come on and go away. Podcasts are just sitting on the internet waiting for you to press start. Some of them are radio shows, but the vast majority are not radio shows also. There are WAAAAAY more podcasts on every subject than all of the cable or satellite TV and radio programs that have ever existed and almost everyone of them is free.

TokyoJoe Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.