Really Good Podcast(s):

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Russian Rabbit, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Book prices on Audible are ridiculous. I like to get my audio books from the library. Download them to my phone, and good to go. I don't get to keep them, but if I want another listen I just check it out again.

As far as podcasts go, I'm always on the lookout for more. One of my favorites right now is Crime In Sports. Not a sports show, more of a true crime format with a little comedy thrown in where the criminals are athletes. The hosts are savage when it comes to poking fun at these guys for having it all then throwing it away for stupid reasons, usually drugs. Anyone remember boxer Riddick Bowe? He was overshadowed by Tyson most of his career, but was Heavyweight Champion in 1992. He made a mess of his post career life, and ended up driving for CRST. Not for long, but does anybody?

Astonishing Legends
    Our Fake History
    Myths and Legends

These are some that I enjoy as well.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Story Telling:
    The Moth.
    Risk!
    This American Life.
    Snap Judgement.
    Mortified.

Science / Educational:
    Hidden Brain.
    TED.
    99% Invisible.

Horror / Historical Mystery:
    Lore.
    The Futility Podcast.
    No Sleep.

Pop Culture:
    Cracked.

Just to list a few. :)

4. Maj. Jackhole

Maj. Jackhole Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Sometimes you want sweets not a meal.

5. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Makes the list above. Lol.

This one isn't for everyone.... The stories are usually hyper-perverted & Kevin has no shame about being a 'Red head queer'. Kink camp, Benoit balls, human urinals.... Lmao..... I like it, it's twisted, even tho maybe not in my direction.

6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Podcasts can be whatever you want to hear. You can listen to some idiot tell booger jokes or listen to history of the Roman Empire. All I listen to everyday are podcasts. I use a $30 MP3 player (Sansa Clip Jam) rather than my phone because you don't have to look it it to control it. The cops can't tell if you are updating Facebook or playing a podcast on your phone.

7. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

My daily list is:
    Andrew Klavan Podcast
    Ben Shapiro Podcast
    Buck Sexton America Now
    Fresh Air
    On Point
    Radio Times
    Secure Freedom Radio
    Erick Erickson

My extra list is
    Car Talk
    Wait Wait Don't Tell me
    Bill Burr
    Extension 720 (archived over the last 15-20 years)
    This American Life
    Radiolab
    Spycast
    Omega Tau Podcast (very interesting engineering/aviation but on irregular schedule)
    Airline Pilot Podcast
    History of The Great War
    History Extra

You can download and/or convert anything on YouTube to an MP4 or MP3 file. With this you can carry things like
    Connections
    The Day The Universe Changed
    Civilisation (english spelling) - English miniseries on history of Western Civilization)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  8. Maj. Jackhole

Maj. Jackhole Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Mike Rowe's podcast are entertaining . His style is very much Paul Harvey in style. Yes , I am revealing my age with the Paul Harvey reference. Lol

ODR, mitrucker, SoDel and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    This episode was the most horrific, sad, FRIGHTENING and DISTURBING podcast i have ever listened to BAR NONE----and the strange/sad part is, i can't get enough of this podcast.

Sword and Scale Episode 104

2) Correction: It turns out that i do have some time to listen to podcasts, because one of the weekend gigs turned out to be a long distance run that i can't get into detail right now----but it's a lot of mileage.

Smut and Naptown Thank this.
  10. manskewl

manskewl Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Ok be careful with this one, but if you want to be tripped the F out during night driving...Welcome to Night Vale...

Blackshack46, Bob Dobalina and Smut Thank this.
  11. KennyG

KennyG Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    The Political Cesspool is a good one (not politically correct) but they only broadcast once a week on saturday.

Smut Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.